Author Topic: My First Mod...  (Read 2971 times)

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
Re: My First Mod...
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2013, 11:20:34 AM »
also thinking about Frame and SwingArm sliders...

http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki/index.php?title=Sliders_and_Swingarm_Spools

What brand do you like best?

Gavin

frodus

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2013, 11:49:35 AM »
I used shogun spools. They're for an sv650 and are a bit larger and act as swingarm sliders too. Pretty solid and under $30.

7racer

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
My First Mod...
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2013, 11:58:33 AM »
I'm waiting for brammo's version of sliders/spools to come out. That's one of the things I'm waiting on Adrain for!!  About the CF. my tank is cf which I thought all "R's" where?  Maybe it's because of your custom tank?

7racer

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
My First Mod...
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2013, 12:00:09 PM »
And the tail tidy looks awesome!!!!!

flar

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2013, 04:06:31 PM »
Somehow I suspect (and don't ask how I know this), that the foot lever and the hand lever will hit the ground first, umm, bend a little, and keep anything attached to that screw hole in the main frame from getting anywhere near the ground.

Of course, that's if the wheel turns down towards that side of the bike.  I don't want to be the one to discover what happens if the bars are turned the other way...
Current bikes: 2013 Brammo Empulse R, 2005 BMW R1200RT
Prior bikes: 1988 Honda Hawk GT, 1997 BMW F650

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2013, 04:57:09 PM »
Oh, flar, that is the saddest thing I've read in a long time.  :(
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

flar

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2013, 05:15:27 PM »
It's not a major catastrophe.  There was a lovely equation with v=0 and a couple of quick twists with some (hands and then later some) wrenches and all evidence of "the discovery" is pretty much gone...

7racer

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2013, 07:07:58 PM »
It's not a major catastrophe.  There was a lovely equation with v=0 and a couple of quick twists with some (hands and then later some) wrenches and all evidence of "the discovery" is pretty much gone...

flar, don't worry, I'm with ya.  I already dropped the bike twice.  Both at speed=0mph.

First time I road to my work out place.  Go to put the kickstand down and lean the bike over.  As I lean the bike, come to find out the kickstand wasn't fully extended (and I wasn't use to seeing the kickstand indicator).  Over I go in a parking lot like a 3 yo off of his training wheels!

The next week I was like damn, I am not going to do that again.  So as I was pushing the bike out of the garage, I made a mental note to keep the bike from leaning too far to the left...instead, I lean it to the right and...over it goes again!

So yes. The foot lever (the gear shifter is especially prone to bending), the bracket for the front turn signal, and the ends of the levers...LOL  sucks

flar

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2013, 07:38:14 PM »
Was the wheel turned towards the ground in both cases?  I haven't "tested" how it lands when the wheel turns away from the ground, but when it is towards the ground, the handlebars are there protecting the frame.

Now, with some amount of force, perhaps the bars might be bent and the frame might contact, but at that point I'm not sure how the rest of the bike would fare that you would be worrying whether the "Empulse R" got scratched off.  It's probably more likely to hit something like a pole that would miss the bars, but I'm not sure that a single slider at one point along the frame rail would statistically manage to find the pole/large rock before the rest of the frame got cozy with it.

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2013, 08:05:45 PM »
When my Enertia fell off the hitch track on top of me, it ended up bending the handlebars. BrammoJen was already scheduled to come out for a software upgrade (I think) so she ended up replacing the bars. It destroyed by bar end mirror, too. Zero body damage (mostly because my body cushioned the drop).
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

ttxgpfan

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2013, 11:01:38 PM »
Congrats Gavin!  Really excited for you.  Welcome to the darkside.  8)

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2013, 11:23:45 PM »
Thx :)

G

flar

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2013, 03:58:31 AM »
When my Enertia fell off the hitch track on top of me, it ended up bending the handlebars. BrammoJen was already scheduled to come out for a software upgrade (I think) so she ended up replacing the bars. It destroyed by bar end mirror, too. Zero body damage (mostly because my body cushioned the drop).

Now, why didn't I think to dive under it to save it?