Author Topic: NA TTXGP Race 4: Miller Motorsports Park Sep 1-2  (Read 5365 times)

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
Re: NA TTXGP Race 4: Miller Motorsports Park Sep 1-2
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2012, 01:30:38 AM »

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2012, 11:48:40 AM »
Anybody know what teams are racing?

G

kingcharles

• Empulse E1 80-MF-DR
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2012, 01:20:16 PM »
Anybody know what teams are racing?

David Herron just posted an update on todays action wich explains the competing teams
 http://www.electricracenews.com/2012/09/walking-pits-at-ttxgp-miller-motorsport.html
Once you go EV, gas is history!

FreepZ

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Empulse Experience
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2012, 02:07:09 PM »
Thanks for that article. In summary, here's the list of teams:
  • Be-Ev Racing
  • Brammo
  • Virginia Tech
  • Zero

As long as the bikes work well, I think that Brammo is going to get the top two spots today. That's going to give them a lot of points (25 + 20 = 45 points) in the North American Constructors competition.

According to the TTXGP scoreboard:
  • Lightning (3 bikes): 62
  • Brammo (2 bikes): 61
  • K Squared Racing: 38
  • VIRGINIA TECH BOLT: 29
  • Ritz Racing (2 bikes): 26
  • Martin Szwarc Racing: 25
  • OMRRA Racing (2 bikes): 18
  • ProtoMoto Racing: 16
  • Motorcycle.com: 13
  • Muench Racing: 10
  • Zero Motorcycles: 7
  • BE:EV.com: 6
  • Moto Czsyz: 0
Richard #935 #595 #44

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2012, 03:26:16 PM »
Well SteveO was in first place after Seca...so if he finishes, I think he, and Brammo, win.

Gavin

EmpulseRider

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2012, 04:05:21 PM »
Just arrived fellas... Need to eat and do a few other things, then its off to the track with the camera. Should get there shortly after 4pm local time.  ;D

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2012, 05:24:41 PM »
Cool...sounds like the atmosphere is very low key and intimate...vs Seca which was insane.

Have fun. Say hi to everyone. Get down in the Pits.

Tell Rupal hi too...and Eric...and Steve....etc etc..

:)

Gavin

EmpulseRider

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2012, 10:28:00 PM »
Cool...sounds like the atmosphere is very low key and intimate...vs Seca which was insane.

Have fun. Say hi to everyone. Get down in the Pits.

Tell Rupal hi too...and Eric...and Steve....etc etc..

:)

Gavin

I missed qualifying by minutes... :(

Made it to the Brammo garage and took some pictures, discovered that my camera is sorta weak, but had a great time. I feel kinda like a tool though because im here by myself trolling around with a camera. A bit awkward, but these Brammo guys are super friendly, especially Joe Wismann, Eric, Aaron, all of em really. Definitely good people here.

Got a chance to talk to E-Boz, probably one of the coolest guys I have ever met. Saw Steve-O wandering around too, hopefully I will get a chance to chat with him tomorrow. Good times.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 10:30:19 PM by EmpulseBuyer »

FreepZ

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Empulse Experience
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2012, 09:15:59 AM »
I feel kinda like a tool though because im here by myself trolling around with a camera. A bit awkward, but these Brammo guys are super friendly, especially Joe Wismann, Eric, Aaron, all of em really. Definitely good people here.

If it will help, you should consider yourself to be a reporter, bringing news and information to all of us at the forum who couldn't make it over there.
Richard #935 #595 #44

FreepZ

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Empulse Experience
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2012, 02:14:34 PM »
Just in case anybody isn't reading this on facebook...

Eric Bostrom took 1st place at Miller. Steve Atlas took second. That's 45 points for Brammo, which means that they win the North American Constructors competition.

• Brammo (2 bikes): 106
  • Lightning (3 bikes): 62

Congratulations to Eric, Steve, and Brammo!
Richard #935 #595 #44

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2012, 09:09:31 AM »
Press release from TTXGP:
Eric Bostrom made it look easy for Team Icon Brammo taking the chequered flag, but the TTXGP North American Championship 2012 title belongs to his team mate Steve Atlas whose performance throughout the season awarded him his second consecutive win.

An achievement made all the sweeter given the back injury he picked up in Sonoma.

Brian Wismann, Brammo's Tech Chief said "Team Icon Brammo are exceedingly happy with this storybook ending to a season that began as a nightmare with the double crashes at Infineon (Sonoma).  This team deserves every bit of the satisfaction of a double-podium and consecutive NA championship having put in an incredible effort to get the bikes working well for these two talented riders. We're just now hitting our stride and Daytona can't come fast enough!"

The day started early with warm up sessions for all racers taking place in this weekends races starting at 8am. The sky as bright and the air are crisp for today's championship decider. By race time, the sun was high and the track was hot! The excitement was in the air as teams bucked down and prepped their bikes ready for the TTXGP North American championship decider.

The race was exciting with the real dog fight between the guest riders from ARHMA, Kenny Cummings, Andrew Cowell, Anthony Burrows and TTXGP favorite Kenyon Kluge. With identical set-ups these four riders saw a lot of swapping around but in the end the most experienced electric bike rider reined Supreme and Kenyon took home the eSuperstock cup.

Kenny Cummings, an AHRMA regular said "this was one of the best experiences of my race history, the ebikes just work so effortlessly that you can totally concentrate on the ride experience, the race lines and body positions became all important. I know when I get back on my classic bike, I will be a better racer for it. Everyone should try it and then judge"

Matt Kent for Virginia tech Bolt put in a sterling effort and took home the TTX75 cup. He had been battling bike set up all weekend long but it seemed the teams decision to revert back to an old set up worked for him as he had a flawless race that saw him take third position on the podium and third place in the TTXGP North America Championship 2012.
This is how they celebrated the win:

Eric was on major form today putting in a lap record for electric bikes at 1:38.480, an amazing achievement given this is only his second electric  race forcing Steve Atlas to settle for second place to secure his championship. This was a team strategy from the get go and the plan worked beautifully for them. Upon being asked how he felt about becoming the North America Champion two years in a row, he replied... "I am ready for the world championship, bring on Daytona"

Fighting talking [sic] growing the anticipation for the TTXGP WORLD FINAL 2012 taking place in Daytona on October 19th.

Position.    no.    Name    Team    laps    total time    best time    best speed
1    32    Eric Bostrom    Icon Brammo    8    11:37.437    1:38.480    80.422
2    1    Steve Atlas    Icon Brammo    8    11:54.125    1:39.937    79.250
3    72    Matt Kent     Virginia Tech Bolt    7    11:451.79    1:53.555    69.746
4    96    Kenyon Kluge    K-Squared Racing    7    12:22.633    1:58.281    66.959
5    60    Andrew Cowell    Andrew Cowell Racing    7    12.36.697    1:58.417    66.882
6    17    Kenny Cummings     Kenny Cummings Racing    7    12:42.214    2:01.578    65.143
7    435    Anthony Burows    Anthony Burrows Racing    7    12:42.357    2:01.533    65.157
8    64    Jeremiah Johnson    BE-EV.com Amsoil Racing    DNS              

TTXGP North America 2012 Rider Championship TOP FIVE:

Steve Atlas  Team Icon Brammo  65 points
Kenyon Kluge K sqaured Racing 51 points
Matt Kent Virginia Tech Bolt  45 points
Eric bostrom  Tam Icon Brammo 41 points
Michael Barnes  Baracudda Lightning  38 points
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2012, 09:22:29 AM »
Nice write up. I am impressed that:

SteveO wins two years in a row...GREAT JOB. (especially after Infineon)

Eric Bostrom comes in 4th place overall with having raced only 2 times. Outstanding.

Gavin

EmpulseRider

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2012, 09:48:04 AM »
I took some video at this race but my camera wasnt quite up to the task... very blurry, this was probably user error ::) . I did get a sweet flyby of Eric on a practice run though. I will upload that soon.

BTW, anybody know of a good video editing program? Gavin, I have the same laptop as you MBP 13, isnt there a program that comes with the Apple?

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2012, 11:23:11 AM »
iMovie does some...and even Quicktime will let you trim the clips down.

I liked the old iMovie better...I also like Final Cut Pro...but more than i need...and expensive.

Gavin

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2012, 11:59:17 AM »

The Brammo Boys
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki