Author Topic: Diagnostic Software  (Read 1329 times)

Epicurus

• View Profile
Diagnostic Software
« on: July 11, 2020, 05:24:10 PM »
Hello,

I have a 2011 Brammo Enertia. I grew up in the Rogue Valley, so Brammo motorcycles were kind of a local legend. I was lucky to find one in Seattle a few years ago. Anyway, at about 3900 miles, I am now getting a B55 unbalanced battery error. The max charge I could get yesterday was 85% and today it won't charge more than 70%. Does anyone have access to the diagnostic software?

I contacted Kurt Beckman, an engineer (at the time) at Brammo. He helped with some troubleshooting advice, but couldn't send me any software. He directed me to Dustin Hall at Cummins, but I couldn't get in touch with him.

I've only seen one mention of this software on this forum; Gerhard said he had it. Does anyone know how to get in touch with him?

sunchaser

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
Re: Diagnostic Software
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2020, 09:44:33 AM »
Hello Epicurus and welcome to the forum. 

Here is a link to the Enertia Diagnostics installer that was posted by a helpful member of the forum:

http://www.environ-systems.de/brammo-empulse-r.html

The program is located at the very bottom of the page.  I'm pretty sure that this is what you're looking for as it was mentioned in the Enertia service manual that I was lucky enough to receive from a very generous former Brammo employee.  Unfortunately I don't have any information on how to use the software or how to interface with the bike.  If you make any progress on this please report back and let us know.

You can also check out this link as it may contain some other useful information:

https://mega.nz/#F!V6J1nArS!siHe7eJkhPL-9cjuYVa7cQ

Good luck and keep us posted on your progress!

Epicurus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2020, 07:32:07 PM »
Thank you very much for the software!

I now need to find the right cable to connect it to my laptop. I thought it was this one:

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Connective-Peripherals/ES-U-2001-S?qs=QkPn6D1Vh3icFj5aKBXEZg%3D%3D

but I unplugged the RS485 5 pin cable from the #3 valence battery as the manual said to, but I see that this round 5 pin cable doesn't match what I have.

Any idea what cable to use to use the diagnostic software to check the status of my batteries?

sunchaser

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2020, 05:14:42 PM »
Sorry for the late reply.  Unfortunately I don't have any info on the software or what cable to use to connect to the bike.

I think that it would be helpful to others if this thread was moved to the Enertial Servicing section of the forum.

sunchaser

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2020, 05:49:37 PM »
Found some info that may be helpful.  Starting a new thread in the Enertia Servicing section.