Author Topic: New Empulse R owner in uk  (Read 864 times)

EV promise

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
New Empulse R owner in uk
« on: December 19, 2020, 01:46:36 PM »
Hi everyone, I've been reading this forum a while now. Lot's of great info. Not heard of Brammo before. I imported my bike unseen and it's finally able to to ridden here in the UK. 40 miles in the winter sun today. Just finding my feet with it. I have a plug in car so am familiar with the limitations, owned a different electric bike a while back but that didn't end well sadly. Not put off though. Ridden bikes for over 40 years. I have other bikes. Enjoy
Brammo Empulse R 2014
Aprilia Shiver 900 2018
Ducati 750SS 1997

EV promise

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
Re: New Empulse R owner in uk, first 100 mls
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2020, 09:32:38 AM »
Hi, I've ridden my first 100mls on the Empulse R I imported sight unseen. First time I saw one of HadesOmega videos I felt I had to look for one of those bikes. Great vids by the way. Just watched the oil change one, was horrified at the old oil. What did the oil look like on the second change?
The Brammo feels futuristic to ride with the low speed whine. The gearbox does add to the involvement, however with so much torque available I'm not sure I feel the need. 2nd in town, 4th/5th on the open road.
 I sit more in the bike, than on it. I'm 5ft 10in. More Ducati than Zero SR. That said, I will fit the Puig Rafale screen I have currently on my aprillia shiver. Should look great and offer some range/aero benefits.
The suspension is compliant and feels high end. Roads are too wet for anything exciting. I'm seeing around 140wh/ml at 50 to 55mph(7kW), so a little more than I hoped for, battery heaters were on though! Range 60mls?
I can charge at level 2 at home, same plug type 1 as my phev. I've charged twice, for 20mins ea. off the 6.6kw posts we have here in the UK just to see. No issues and 24amps, same as home. Changing the time from European to UK also changed dash from metric to Imperial. That was the 'how to' question I had that lead me to this site!!
All for now Nigel
Brammo Empulse R 2014
Aprilia Shiver 900 2018
Ducati 750SS 1997

HadesOmega

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: New Empulse R owner in uk
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2020, 12:16:35 AM »
Thanks for watching my vids, I really like the bike I'm gonna ride it to it don't ride no more.  I've done the 6000 mile oil change and the oil still looks like that.  Hopefully the bike will last enough where it doesn't happen anymore but it still shifts good.

The suspension is very good on this bike.  Make sure you have the suspension setup for your weight, it was too stiff from the factory for me.  It handled much better after I had the preload and dampening set.
2016 Victory Empulse TT - #139