Author Topic: '13 Brammo Empulse R, $3,000 (sold)  (Read 1353 times)

00049 (AKA SopFu)

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
'13 Brammo Empulse R, $3,000 (sold)
« on: December 14, 2019, 09:28:33 PM »
21,468 miles. Single owner. Title in hand.

Does not charge. I am pretty sure it is just the well-known wiring harness issue as it happened after I got a new job and started level II charging at work, but I tried hard-wiring around the offending harness and it still would not charge. Could be that I'm not a mechanic and the bike doesn't like my bodged fix, or it could be something else is more broken. None of the local shops will touch it. I replaced it with a Zero and now I just want the space in my garage back.

It stopped charging in April 2018, and the bike has been sitting ever since. I limped it home from work, and parked it with ~25% SOC. It does turn on. I am confident it would move if you wanted to ride it. That said, it shows 0% SOC, and the battery is likely far out of balance.

Front tire has very few miles, as do the chain and sprockets. I have a second set of new, never installed, sprockets that will go with the bike. One of the fairing bolts is cross-threaded in the frame, and one of the front turn signals has a broken outer lens (from me being careless in the garage). I did tip it over once in a parking lot when I lost my footing getting on, otherwise it has never been down. The front fender has holes where I had extra LED lights mounted (they have been transferred to the Zero). Also has heated grips installed.

I bought the bike to ride, and I did in almost all weather conditions for ~10 mo/year in Chicagoland. It's dirty and well loved. I am disappointed I didn't get more use out of it.

Local pickup only. The bike is somewhat taken apart, and I assume anyone interested would prefer it that way for inspection, etc.

I'm not on the forum very often. E-mail is best:
sean dot seamon at gmail dot com

The forum is not letting me link to the pics directly on my FB account, but you can see pics here:
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=6845426&sk=media_set&set=a.10104795231120259&type=3&uploaded=4
« Last Edit: April 07, 2020, 08:53:47 PM by 00049 (AKA SopFu) »
'03 SV650
'13 Empulse #49
Wheaton, IL