Author Topic: Empulse Marketing Boo Boo  (Read 2163 times)

machone

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
Re: Empulse Marketing Boo Boo
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2012, 05:40:43 AM »
I hadn't factored the lightning so I concede that at a stretch of the imagination the Empulse could fit in the 'Monster of the electric bike world category'. I don't believe 'of the electric bike world' was what Brammo was intending us to believe and at the risk of repeating myself listen to CB:

Also, listen to this interview from 55 seconds in and I don't think there can be any confusion as to the implied context:

First Look

'No compromise' and 'Gas bike feel' are common phrases in Brammo interviews although I notice recently that the word 'feel' is used more often in place of 'performance'.

Where does the Zero S fit amongst electric motorcycles? According to the Europe distributors when I went for a test ride, it is definately NOT licenced for 2 up riding, in Europe at least. Is it a Fazer of the electric bike world or maybe a Hornet of the electric bike world? The only electric bike I've ridden, I thought it was poor(unusual accel. curve, less than specs real world range and not upgradeable) and for the sort of roads I have to commute on it would have been dangerous.  Although the salesmen were so pleasant and honest I wished it would have made sense. Hence the Empulse interest, although now I know it's the 'Monster of the electric bike world' as opposed to a 'good comparable with a Ducati or Triumph' as CB would put it, I'm waiting for a test ride.

« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 05:50:13 AM by machone »
Not long now

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2012, 11:24:59 AM »
That Zero motorcycle promotion is effing awesome!  The big headline is that they pay for the first 25,000 miles of electricity, which sounds like a really big deal.  Then in the fine print, they calculate that out to be just 200 bucks, and they send you a $200 credit card. 

Not only does it work as a promotion, it works somewhat as an educational tool.  It puts in people's minds the expectation that they will only spend $200 every 25,000 miles for "fuel".  This might not hold 100% true for everyone depending on where they get their electricity, but it certainly gets the message across that it is cheap to recharge.

Oh, and if you want those 200 bucks, you better get on it quick.  It is only valid May 15, 2012 and May 31, 2012.  Looks like they want the advertising splash and PR benefits of the promotion more than they want to actually pay out...

EmpulseRider

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2012, 12:07:37 PM »
That Zero motorcycle promotion is effing awesome!  The big headline is that they pay for the first 25,000 miles of electricity, which sounds like a really big deal.  Then in the fine print, they calculate that out to be just 200 bucks, and they send you a $200 credit card.  

Not only does it work as a promotion, it works somewhat as an educational tool.  It puts in people's minds the expectation that they will only spend $200 every 25,000 miles for "fuel".  This might not hold 100% true for everyone depending on where they get their electricity, but it certainly gets the message across that it is cheap to recharge.

Oh, and if you want those 200 bucks, you better get on it quick.  It is only valid May 15, 2012 and May 31, 2012.  Looks like they want the advertising splash and PR benefits of the promotion more than they want to actually pay out...

Yes I saw that too... flippin good idea... kills 2 birds, and only costs Zero 200 bucks.