Author Topic: Frodus's Brammo Empulse R #24  (Read 9590 times)

Shinysideup

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
Re: Frodus's Brammo Empulse R #24
« Reply #45 on: March 11, 2013, 10:30:17 PM »
I too sprung for the Xena stainless lock. Man, you'd better not carry that on your person if you ever fall into a body of water deeper than a bathtub!

frodus

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 11, 2013, 11:56:17 PM »
Its for trips into town/to and from work where I'll bring my Ogio bag. They tell you specifically not to carry it because its super heavy ... thanks for the heads up. Its a nice lock for sure and really loud!

frodus

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 12, 2013, 04:49:47 PM »
One of the West Coast Dealer Support Reps (James) came to Portland and had a firmware update to do... took him about 30 minutes or so during my lunch break. I didn't have any issues, but they wanted me to be running the latest and do the upgrade while James was in town to upgrade another users bike. Very pleasant experience. Thanks to Adam and James.

ttxgpfan

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: March 12, 2013, 11:52:58 PM »
Let us know what you notice, please.

frodus

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 14, 2013, 02:49:16 PM »
Nothing major. The SOC meter would sometimes show 95% fresh off the charger, other times it would show 100%. Now it shows 100% fresh off the charger.

Went on a ~15 mile ride last night downtown and back. Went through some populated streets and two times people stopped and talked to me. One was a group walking across the crosswalk while I was stopped. The first guy just kinda walked past and the second two kinda stopped and gave me thumbs up and asked how I liked the electric motorcycle. The second guy was coming the other direction right after the first group, walked over on my right side and asked me what the hell this thing was. I told him it's all electric, Brammo Empulse. He said "I'm gonna have to google that! too cool man!"

I get lots of cars looking and pointing..... it's pretty cool.

Going to an OEVA (Oregon Electric Vehicle Association, an EVAA chapter) tonight with the bike. Should be fun. I don't think many people have seen the bike yet.

frodus

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
OEVA meeting
« Reply #50 on: March 15, 2013, 11:00:00 AM »
Went to the OEVA (Oregon Electric Vehicle Association) meeting last night. We're an EAA chapter here in Portland, OR.

It was sprinkling a little, roads were a tad wet and I was just fine. I just took it easy. On the way down, I got a double thumbs up from a pedestrian in the crosswalk. He looked over and immediately knew it was electric. Had me grinning.

We meet at the World Trade Center downtown, and PGE unlocks the gate so we can park vehicles out in the brick open-space in front of the building. I parked next to a Leaf and before I took my helmet off, I was already being asked questions about it. People really liked it, and were surprised at all of the features/range/power/transmission. When we headed inside for the meeting, I got to share a little more with people and field questions from an audience of about 30.

It was fun, and I plan on more meetings and events. If you have a EAA chapter, or even a EV club, JOIN IT! Spread the word, join, be activists.

Next Wednesday Chelsea Sexton is coming back for her work with theelectricgeneration.org. It's my Bday and we're meeting at Bridgeport Brewery downtown at 6pm, and my friends are coming for dinner at 7, so I get to overlap. It'll be a fun birthday! I will NOT be riding my motorcycle :)

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #51 on: March 15, 2013, 11:13:41 AM »
ah man...I would LOVE to see a photo of Chelsea sitting on an Empulse....Can't you get a Designated Driver to take the bike home??

:)

have fun and happy early birthday.

Gavin

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: March 15, 2013, 11:31:00 AM »
I would also LOVE to have a photo of Chelsea on an Empulse. 

Somewhere, I have a photo of her on an Enertia. 
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

frodus

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 15, 2013, 11:51:03 AM »
I tried last time I saw her (Had the empulse for less than a week). She didn't want to throw a leg over, as she already had. Oh well, she'll be back and I'll harass her more :)

She's pretty chill to hang with. I'll enjoy beer'ing with her this time.

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: March 15, 2013, 02:39:51 PM »
Just tell her that Brammofan said he thought she was too "girlie" to get on such a powerful machine.
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

Shinysideup

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
Re: OEVA meeting
« Reply #55 on: March 15, 2013, 09:25:39 PM »
If you have a EAA chapter, or even a EV club, JOIN IT! Spread the word, join, be activists.

I just found out there's an EV club that has its monthly meeting tomorrow in Palo Alto.

"Guest Speaker: Ulric Kwan, Electric Vehicle Manager, PG&E
Ulric Kwan is a mechanical engineer who has worked on customer energy solutions for over 10 years. He currently is the manager for Electric Vehicles and works extensively on Demand Response and Smart Grid policy and implementation.
His presentation will discuss PG&E's EV Program, EV Rates, Power Generation Mix and Service Planning Support.

This is a great opportunity to ask questions about your utiliy rates and other issues related to EVs. Join us, its likely to be lively discussion."

Yes, since it's my understanding that PG&E lowers off-peak rates but boosts day rates for their EV tariffs, and since I intend to attend, I can guarantee the discussion will be "lively!"

Heck I can feel my 60's activism getting reawakened and I just may have to grow my hair long again. (Both of them!)
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 09:33:59 PM by Shinysideup »

frodus

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 31, 2013, 10:57:27 PM »
Here's a video from Friday, such a nice day!

7racer

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #57 on: April 01, 2013, 06:43:57 PM »
nice ride!!

frodus

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 11, 2013, 12:41:22 PM »
Last night I went to the Oregon Entrepeneur Network/Drive Oregon Pubtalk. Brammo, Arcimoto and Opconnect were there to talk. I spoke with Brammo a few weeks ago to see if they wanted my bike there to display. Got an email Monday asking if I was still interested. I said yes, and brought my bike down.

I got to put the bike on the small stage, behind the speakers. It really made a great impression to have the vehicle there for people to look at. The talks were great and I learned a lot. After the talks, during the Q&A session, I was bombarded by questions, contgratulations and got some contact info for people that wanted to just grab a beer and learn more from my side of things.

I had fun, thanks Brammo for the invitation!

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #59 on: April 11, 2013, 12:55:13 PM »
SUPER COOL. Congrats.

I'm jealous....if I didn't love the Southwest so much I would have to move to Oregon just to do stuff like that.

Gavin