Brammo Empulse Discussion > Brammo Empulse

B55 Error, SOC Mismatch >30%

<< < (3/6) > >>

00049 (AKA SopFu):
I opened a ticket with Polaris since there didn't seem to be any movement at the dealer, and they thought Polaris would go faster if I called. Polaris called me back last week, and said the dealer was told what to do and things should be moving soon. I talked to the dealer today and they sounded genuinely excited to hear (from me) that things were being worked out in Minnesota. I miss the HD dealer that sold me the bike. 3 Months and counting.  :'(

00049 (AKA SopFu):
I think I'm giving up, and going to pick up the bike this weekend. Polaris opened a ticket, then called me back to tell me the dealer had the info they needed to make the repair. I've called the dealer probably 5 times since then, and can never seem to get to someone that knows anything. The person who knows never calls me back.

My first baby is due in a few weeks. I won't be commuting for a while after she's born and I kind of want to ride the bike at least a little bit this year. I guess I'll ride it until it's dead, then give it back to the dealer.

00049 (AKA SopFu):
I picked the bike back up last Friday, no repairs done. The charged it up to about 85% for me. Gee, thanks. It made it home with no issues - in fact, one of the most efficient rides ever on a SOC% per mile basis I've ever had. Granted it was wet, and my wife was following me home.

I've ridden it to work three days this week, just like normal, no errors displayed. I pulled the log files, and they also appear normal (other than the date is still July 2022) - no difference between module SOC at all. The dealer didn't turn the bike on or charge it at all from the day I dropped it off until 110 days later. Or they deleted the logs, which is unlikely because other logs files are still there from them working on it last week. The battery did get significantly out of balance during that time sitting. But now it appears fine, and is otherwise working just as it did before the issue.

The dealer still thinks it's a battery issue, and I think they are still trying to get a replacement module from Polaris. I'm glad I took it back in the mean time. I am enjoying riding again...a lot.

I don't want to speculate too much, but I suspect that it is not a battery issue, and when they reassembled the bike after doing the diagnostics, whatever bad connection was causing the problem was corrected. I'll still take the new module once it comes in, if it ever comes in.

00049 (AKA SopFu):
Update time since I forwarded this chain to the new dealer working on my bike on this issue...

I road the bike all year this year. Maybe 4,000 miles. I got the error early in the year, but have not seen it since April or so. I have actually been getting Motor and Motor Controller over voltage errors more often now, which is a bigger pain because those errors cut power...and only happen during WOT, like when merging or pulling out in to traffic.

This year the bike felt down on power compared to what I remember. Especially at higher speeds. I would get "recharge battery" warnings with the SOC as high as 55% while cruising at 75 mph if it was under 60*f. Then, on the ride to the dealer this weekend, at 39*f, cruising at 60 mph with the SOC somewhere around 25% (40 miles in, and 2 to go), the bike dropped to 0% and died. I cycled the ignition, made it another mile before it died again. Cycled the ignition again, and coasted the rest of the way in. I'm glad I did not take the interstate to get there - I would have never made it. I wish I could have looked at that drive log!

Being in Chicago, I don't know if I would make the 35 mile round trip during the cold months with the bike in its current state. That would be a bummer because commuting is really the only time I ride the bike now that I have a baby. If the bike won't work when it's under 50*f, that takes away half the year.

The dealer that has it now is a Zero dealer, too, so hopefully they have a bit more incentive to keep early adopters like me happy since we are driving that business. My fingers are crossed!

EmpulseRider:
I road in last week and as I was heading to work on the highway the power cutout going from around 30% to 0% and "Recharge Required" message. I turned the bike off then back on, and off I went. Went to WOT and boom, same deal. So this next time I went easy on the throttle and eventually made it to work (5 more miles) with no more drama. Before this happened I was feeling a bit of a stutter at WOT. This has actually happened to me before, but at much lower SOC, like at 8-12%, and always in cold weather. Seems to run perfectly >60 degrees though. I have never had any issues charging though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version