Brammo Enertia Discussion > Brammo Enertia Plus

Dashboard issue

<< < (2/2)

jazz999:
keep us posted and good luck!

FrankH:
So, drying the dashboard's internals for a few days didn't help. The dashboard keeps failing, sometimes everything works for a minute, sometimes nothing lights up, and everything in between.
This morning I went to the dealership here in Amsterdam and they had an old Empulse dashboard laying around. That one worked fine with my Enertia+, it just has a different back plate for the dial (revs instead of speed) but the dial goes higher the faster I drive, and the screens on the LCD are just the same as on my own dashboard.

This means I can rule out my hunch that a bad connection is the cause of all this, it must be the electronics in the dash that were ruined by the moisture inside.
The bad news is that a new dashboard costs more than €500.  :o

KaFr:
Hello,
is the dashboard still not working? Is it possible disassemble the circular speed display plate separately?

FrankH:
Actually, my dashboard is still not really functioning right. My dealer fixed it by drying and cleaning it, originally. They fixed most of it except the speedo needle. Ever since I've been riding without knowing how fast I'm going, but that was effectively the only thing. The display (showing battery percentage and motor temperature, the only two really important numbers to keep an eye on) was working good enough, that is, a number of lines of the LCD were out but most of it was readable.
But after recent service at my local shop, they tried fixing the dash again and now the LCD is a total blank. It was full of water again, even though I hardly ever ride in rain and always park my bike in our parking garage.
So I'm looking for a replacement (the dealer is too). Haven't heard from them yet.

JeffK:
can't you just toss it in a bin and install one of those aftermarket panels like

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version