General > Victory Empulse

System Fault B9

<< < (2/3) > >>

KaFr:
If error B9 appears on the display, it means that the maximum relative humidity inside one of the battery modules is significantly higher than the minimum relative humidity in another module. Usually the highest value of relative humidity is in module number 5 and the lowest is in module number 1.

The relative humidity inside the modules increases or decreases while driving or parking. It depends on the relative humidity of the surroundings. The aim is therefore to reduce its value to an acceptable level.

I therefore recommend analyzing the relative humidity values ​​from the LOG data on the flash drive.

The Empulse LOG file converter can be downloaded here:
http://www.environ-systems.de/brammo-empulse-r.html

If it does not work, you must also install the Brammo Enertia diagnostic software on your computer.

gunterfalstaff:
Thanks for the response KaFr!

How do I fix the error then? What can be done to reduce the moisture content in the battery?

KaFr:
It is strange that error B9 is not listed in the LOG files at all. Maybe it's because the error only flashes briefly on the display and then disappears again, so it is not enough to record in the logs.

In any case, moisture can only get in or out of the module package through the communication connector on the front of each package (module number 4 and 5).

To prevent moisture from getting inside, I would recommend better sealing the communication connectors on the outside where the wires enter it. For example, using silicone sealant.

To get the moisture out, it occurs to me to disconnect the communication connector and use a vacuum cleaner on it. However, the humidity of the ambient air must be lower than the humidity inside the package.

If that doesn't help, there's no choice but to take the module pack out of the bike and open it. Of course in a room where the relative humidity is very low (about 30%).

KaFr:
I found a picture from the Brammo factory, where you can see the top package of four modules for the Victory Empulse TT with the top cover removed.

KaFr:
I have good news for all Victory Empulse TT owners who are bothered by the B9 error message.

Last summer it also affected me, I had a relative humidity of around 67% in module 5 and B9 occasionally flashed on the speedometer. Since then, I have managed to reduce the maximum humidity to 60% and the B9 error has stopped appearing.

I found that it depends a lot on the relative humidity of the surroundings while driving and also during long-term parking.

Worst options for increasing humidity:
- driving in rain or humid environments
- Parking in a humid environment, especially when the battery is warm after driving

Humidity reduction:
- frequent charging
- driving in a dry environment
- allow the battery to cool in a dry environment
- long-term storage in a dry environment

Suspicious places for moisture to enter the module:
- communication connector on the front wall
- screw holes on the top cover

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page