General > Victory Empulse

Mine is Dead now too

<< < (10/11) > >>

shayan:
Congratulations on the new bike! I'm jealous about the performance forks now. Though i wished victory offered forged aluminium wheels too as an option like how energica offers.

--- Quote from: Drivingthefuture on August 06, 2017, 09:34:28 AM ---
--- Quote from: shayan on August 03, 2017, 03:31:59 PM ---(Assuming u were asking me) Yes i did get a new Empulse, but this was last september and before Polaris announced Victory's end of life. Around 4600 miles and going good! Havent seen real big issues so far and getting a good 85+ miles on freeway riding. So I feel its worth it :)

--- End quote ---

Congrats! And that's nice range for freeway riding! I'm really tempted to test my Enertia but at the same time scared to push it that hard on max throttle considering it is 7 yrs old... I'm getting about 40 miles of range around town so pretty happy

--- End quote ---

Great! I guess i am gentle on the throttle most times, unless i see bikers at red lights and i choose to race if its not a 1000cc motorcycle. I've had some good success (0-70mph) against 650cc, cruisers and maybe on a lucky day against something like 600RR. The trick is to start in 2nd gear ;)

MichaelJ:
Congratulations, Paul!

Shinysideup:
I took a 1000 cc sports bike off the line for about a 1/2 block. Repeated it 3 times. I used 1st gear and shifted without clutch at 6K rpm.

shayan:

--- Quote from: Shinysideup on August 19, 2017, 06:45:40 PM ---I took a 1000 cc sports bike off the line for about a 1/2 block. Repeated it 3 times. I used 1st gear and shifted without clutch at 6K rpm.

--- End quote ---

Aah without clutch is another way of saving a second or so. All those fancy bikes have quickshifters!
Will shifting without clutch too much, damage the clutch/gearbox?

MichaelJ:
If shifting without clutch causes problems, the only symptom I've encountered so far is forgetting how to use the clutch to shift smoothly.  At this point, I think my out-of-practice use of the clutch would do damage to the gearbox.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version