General > Brammo News And Views

I wish Brammo/Victory were still around

(1/4) > >>

Richard230:
I really wish that Brammo or Victory were still making electric motorcycles. Zero really needs more competition in the mass consumer electric vehicle market. From my point of view, Zero hasn't made much progress in their technology since at least 2014.

I owned a 2014 S with their Power Tank, which I gave to my daughter who is still riding it.  Late last year I bought the exact same 2018 model and I can hardly tell the difference between the two years.  The power, speed, range and features are just about the same, as is the onboard charger.  The chassis is also the same, other than the use of Showa suspension and the installation of ABS (required for sales in Europe), which are the major improvements to the 2017/2018 models.

So there just hasn't been much technical progress as far as I am concerned during the past 4 years.  I really expected more and I have a feeling that if Brammo/Victory was still in the market, I bet Zero would have put more effort into their EV advancements.  :(

Brammofan:
Dang, Richard. Just when I think you're going to leave me with no source of sage advice, you drop something amazing on the forum. Thanks, and I agree.

It seems like every year we expect something revolutionary from Zero. It's been a few years since any innovation came from them. Maybe next year will be different, finally, now that Brian Wismann has settled in.

Richard230:

--- Quote from: Brammofan on June 05, 2018, 07:27:31 PM ---Dang, Richard. Just when I think you're going to leave me with no source of sage advice, you drop something amazing on the forum. Thanks, and I agree.

It seems like every year we expect something revolutionary from Zero. It's been a few years since any innovation came from them. Maybe next year will be different, finally, now that Brian Wismann has settled in.

--- End quote ---

Maybe, but he still has to get past Zero's cheap board of directors and its private investors.  ???

Ultratoad:
Totally agree....  Especially being the very happy (so far) owner of an Empulse TT....  I wonder what could have been if development had continued on the product....  I do believe that Brammo would have done more with development than Polaris though....  It is impressive what a little company like Brammo was able to accomplish....

HadesOmega:
Yeah it would have been nice to see if Polaris would have been able to further develop the Empulse and possibly have accessories for the older bikes.  I mean they did update the Empulse with the TT and made a few accessories for it.  They even won the Pikes Peak Hillclimb.  Hopefully they cook something up.

I know for Zero they did come out with the faster charging charge tank that can supposedly charge at 6kw.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version