Brammo Enertia Discussion > Brammo Enertia

That infernal dash!

(1/2) > >>

Brammofan:
I've been able to ride my bike every day this week and it's been fantastic.  I even found a new route in that I'd never driven/ridden before and it's wonderful: long, sweeping turns; a "rural feel" even though it's literally a block from a major thoroughfare; leafy old trees arched like a cathedral over the road. Ahhh. 

What better time for me to bitch about something and hope hope hope that Brammo has some fix in mind for the Enertia Plus.  So here goes -- the dash needs to be adjustable.  By "adjustable," I mean two things: 1. lighting and 2. angle.  Right now, the angle is my chief concern so I'll leave the lighting as an issue for later in the fall when I'm doing some driving in the dark. 

The angle is too high for me.  I usually see only a reflection of the sky in the glossy dial cover.  It's very hard to make out even the turn indicator flashing at me.  Currently, the dash is mounted on a metal bracket that is fixed at Xdegrees, where X=the wrong angle.
You can kind of see it in this picture:

What I'd like to see it mounted on is something that allowed the user to tilt it a few degrees and then tighten it down. 

I've been hunting around for such a bracket online and can't find anything just yet, but I did see some "hooded" gauges that might to the trick as well.  (Now, of course, I can't seem to find a good image to post here, but it's basically a black shield or housing that the gauges fit in so that you're looking, essentially, down a very short tunnel to see them. 

I'm done with my rant for now.

Phantom:
An adjustable dash would be good. I hope you find a good bracket that does what you have described.

I rarely even look at the dash when I am riding. I used to view it a lot when I first started riding, but most of the time, I am just watching the road ahead. I have a bad habit of leaving my left turn blinker on at a certain intersection of my commute which is not helped by me ignoring the dash.

Brammofan:

--- Quote from: Phantom on June 24, 2011, 02:40:33 PM ---I have a bad habit of leaving my left turn blinker on at a certain intersection of my commute which is not helped by me ignoring the dash.

--- End quote ---
You're not the only one who does that.  ::)

Richard230:
Could you fabricate a sun shade to block reflections from the instrument screen? You could try lashing one up out of cardboard and duct tape and if it works, you could make a permanent shade using thin plastic or metal sheet.

Brammofan:
I could try.  The top of the dash has a curve (the top of the speedometer) and a straight part (above the LCD panel). 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version