Brammo Empulse Discussion > Brammo Empulse Mods

Chain kit replacement (final drive)

(1/3) > >>

Leander:
I went and gone ahead to order parts for a new set off front and rear sprockets and a new chain.

Front sprocket: JTF1314
Rear sprocket: Supersprox 43T  (this is bigger than the original 38T)
Chain: D.I.D 525 VX3 gold.

(I will update this post with pictures of the materials and progress. Maybe even a video!)

Ultratoad:

--- Quote from: Leander on January 13, 2020, 10:18:09 AM ---I went and gone ahead to order parts for a new set off front and rear sprockets and a new chain.

Front sprocket: JTF1314
Rear sprocket: Supersprox 43T  (this is bigger than the original 38T)
Chain: D.I.D 525 VX3 gold.

(I will update this post with pictures of the materials and progress. Maybe even a video!)

--- End quote ---

I look forward to your update....  I have read that the proper front sprocket is hard to come by and difficult to replace for some reason....

Shinysideup:
I found the front hard to come by but don't remember any particular difficulty in replacing.

I think you'll be pleased with the larger rear: makes 6th gear a lot more useful.

I went with a 41T rear and I think with the 43T, you will find power wheelies easily available.

Leander:
that's my thinking!

but I can't wheelie if my life depends on it.  ;D

HadesOmega:
I made some videos from when I did my front sprocket swap it wasn't too difficult, but you need to take the kickstand assembly off.  Easy mod to do as you don't need to change chain length.  Would like to change the rear sprocket also when it's time to do the chain would like to max out gearing at Laguna Seca straight =P  Probably won't really use 1st much anymore!

http://brammoforum.com/index.php?topic=3629.0

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version