Brammo Engage & Encite Discussion > Brammo Engage

Engage.....Can pre-order now....but....

<< < (2/2)

Gavin:
http://wheels.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/05/04/six-gears-come-to-brammo-e-v-bikes/

--- Quote ---“We’re finding that there are customers that like it each way,” he continued. “A commuter, for instance, likes a nice smooth surge of power. But we also get a lot of people who have been riding conventional motorcycles for years, who want it to behave like a regular motorcycle. Our view is that we have both kinds of customers, and we want to have both kinds of products.”

Mr. Bramscher estimates that the top speed of these new machines will be 10 to 15 percent higher than that achieved by the simpler, direct-drive system used on previous Brammo models, and on virtually every other electric motorcycle. (For comparison, the Enertia Plus claims a top speed of “over 60 m.p.h.”)
--- End quote ---

So it sounds like they may offer the shifty on all bikes...but I could be reading it wrong.

If so, the Plus gets a boost in top speed from 60 plus mph to 70 plus mph, which is perfect for me. Now if they make a Plus with 2 person bench and shifty I will be in heaven :)  I actually don't ride 2 up often, but love the ability to on the rare occasions that my wife is willing to hop on the back...

Gavin

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version