General > Group Rides And Meetups

Dutch EM Meet 2016 - May 21st

<< < (3/3)

kingcharles:
I had a great time too, it was great talking to the other EV enthusiasts all so friendly and open. We were really lucky with the weather, it was dry warm and some sun in the afternoon, good for the range! I really enjoyed the location and the guided tour.
During last year's ride to the meeting I discovered the radiator leak and this year my speedometer broke... So looking forward to next year  8)

I was lucky enough to be granted a test ride on the Energica Ego and it is quite fast and handles well. I did conclude that even though I did some sprints in sport mode it didn't impress me enough to get super excited about its power. It's fast but it didn't scare me.
For the way I use my bike with lots of slow speed manoeuvres in the city it's not a replacement for my Empulse, too top heavy for me. I am glad, because in reality I can't afford it either  ;)
My wife came along to ensure that I didn't buy an Energica because I have a habit of making impulsive EV purchases. But in the end that wasn't necessary.

Nice to see the Volta, I didn't try it but the design looks very nice. Personally I would not go for a (open!) brushed DC motor on any bike in the Netherlands. If I look at all the salt and sand thrown on the back of my own bike after riding in rain (which is a common thing here!) it can only mean trouble...

The homemade Aprilia was really cool. An 8KW hub motor powered by a 3KWh battery pack. With lots of room left to go bigger battery. Very nice job!
The rear wheel was 29kg including the motor and rim With Dutch roads which are usually high quality smooth that weight shouldn't hurt the handling too much. My Vectrix had the same drawback but I only noticed it on badly paved streets.

Biggest disappointment for me was that not a single Zero showed up even though the invitation was posted on the other forums. Maybe we can conclude that Brammo owners are more social than Zero owners?

And of course great to see the Enertia's! Still a good looking bike.

I want to thank Roan for arranging everything, well done and looking forward to the next time!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version