Author Topic: New Guy  (Read 1079 times)

GeorgeS

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
New Guy
« on: September 27, 2010, 11:04:30 AM »
Hello everyone,
I just registered. I have an order in for the Empulse. I'm kind of an EV nut. I have an electric bicycle and an 08 Prius (sort of an EV). I am extremely interested in the new technology coming out in cars like the Volt and the Leaf and of course the Empulse. My purchase of an EV car has been delayed just because the Prius is still new. I hate to admit that I cancelled my Leaf order because the Prius is still young and I don't want 2 cars.-----Therefore:

The Empulse has been selected as my next electric vehicle---and we all must admit it is a lot more exciting than a Leaf or a Volt. The Empulse is a Tesla Roadster on 2 wheels. Electric motorcycles make total sense as they have about half the aero drag as a car so the pack shrinks by half. Also, given the same KW rating of the charger, you add miles during recharge at twice the rate.

So, this may not be the proper thread to start a technical discussion on charging but I will ask anyway:

The Empulse specs say the 8.0 will recharge in 1.5 hours. This implies an approximate 4.3 Kw charger,---bigger than both the Volt and Leaf's 3.3 kw charger. Do we have any info from Brammo on the details of the charger?? I've heard it will take a standard L2, 220V charger conforming to SAE 1772.

Anybody got some details??

Thx,
GSB

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: New Guy
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2010, 11:11:14 AM »
Hiya George.  Welcome to the forum -  I'm going to make a suggestion about the charger question -- there is a topic call "Ask a Brammo" that would seem to be the best place for it.  Could you copy and paste that portion of your post over there?
Ask A Brammo
The (hopeful) thought is, that the Brammo folks who drop into the forum will stop by that particular thread and answer some of the questions.
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki