Author Topic: Hi from Pacifica, California  (Read 1412 times)

Richard230

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
Hi from Pacifica, California
« on: December 02, 2010, 11:39:37 AM »
Hi everyone. My name is Richard Harmon and I live in Pacifica, California. I am a retired municipal engineer. I have been ridden almost 800,000 miles on motorcycles over the past 48 years and during that period I have owned 40 motorcycles. I currently own five IC motorcycles and an Electric Motorsport 72V, sepex GPR-S. I have a Brammo Enertia 10.0 on order.

My experience with the GPR-S has convinced me that the most important requirement for someone who is just a rider and not an electrical engineer is after-purchase service and support. Lack of this support has soured my GPR-S experience, but the reports that I have heard about Brammo's after sales service has convinced me that the Empulse should be my next purchase and that is why I have joined this forum. I am here to learn and hopefully to contribute.
current bikes: 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2011 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Classic, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2007 BMW R1200R, 2005 Triumph T-100 Bonneville, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Hi from Pacifica, California
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2010, 11:43:31 AM »
Hiya Richard - glad you made it to the forum.  Several other people on here are patiently awaiting news on their Empulse pre-orders.  Some... not so patiently.

And yeah, the Brammo service is pretty incredible.
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

Phantom

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2010, 12:06:23 PM »
Welcome to the forum. We are both on a few common of electric motorcycle forums. I am looking forward to you sharing your motorcycle experience in this forum.

Richard230

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2010, 04:45:47 PM »
Regarding my expertise, I can usually help if anyone has any questions about, or problems with, motorcycle chassis, suspension, or maintenance, based upon my IC M/C experience. But when it comes to electrical questions, I won't be much help, unless you like to hear about problems that I never could solve. I have several horror stories about batteries, BMS boards and too-large electric motors - which I won't burden you with, unless you twist my arm.
current bikes: 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2011 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Classic, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2007 BMW R1200R, 2005 Triumph T-100 Bonneville, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

BrammoBrian

• Obsessive Empulsive
  • Brammovangelist
  • Director of Product Development - Brammo, Inc.
    • View Profile
    • BRAMMO
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2010, 09:26:25 PM »
Good to see you here, Richard.  Looking forward to your always interesting and insightful comments. 

oobflyer

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2011, 11:23:29 PM »
Electrical engineering would probably be a great field to get into right about now. If I could do it over I might head in that direction, but it's too late for me - I'm looking forward to retirement! (And riding my Empulse!)