Author Topic: Greetings from Stockton, CA  (Read 1062 times)

oobflyer

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
Greetings from Stockton, CA
« on: January 17, 2011, 01:22:59 AM »
Thank-you for welcoming me to this forum.
I placed my pre-order for the Empulse last fall. I'm looking forward to upgrading - I currently ride a Vectrix.
The Vectrix has been very good to me - I've been riding it for 2 1/2 years and have 9,000 miles on the odometer. But it is quite limited in range. I pre-ordered the Empulse 10.0 - I can't imagine riding 100 miles on a charge!
Soon I won't have to imagine :-)

Happy riding to all - and keep the rubber side down ;-)

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
Re: Greetings from Stockton, CA
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2011, 11:03:21 AM »
Thanks for saying hi :)

What is the range on your Vectrix?

As a long time gas scooter rider (almost 6 years without a car) I am really looking forward to going electric for my daily commute. Thought about the Vectrix, but it never quite caught my heart enough to buy. Now the Enertia or Empulse are a different matter :)

Gavin

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2011, 11:07:19 AM »
Welcome again, Oob.  Hope you stick around here, and feel free to post pictures of you and your bike.
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

oobflyer

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2011, 11:16:38 AM »
I did post some pictures - in the 'Media' area, including some I took of the Empulse unveiling at Laguna Seca last July.

The Vectrix range is usually around 20-25 miles/charge in "real-world" driving (40 - 70 MPH). If I ride 25 MPH continuously, I can get 50 miles (Well... OK, it was a one-time, two-hour experiment).

I commute exactly 18 miles each way to work, so the range is acceptable (with a charge at work), but there isn't much room for error (no detours allowed ;-)

I am soooo looking forward to that 10 kWh battery pack  :-)