Author Topic: Can someone help me Race a Brammo?  (Read 1265 times)

TT-25

• View Profile
Can someone help me Race a Brammo?
« on: January 24, 2011, 02:39:21 AM »
Hi everyone!
My name is Joy, and I want to race a Brammo! 

I'd love to race an electric bike this year.  My goal this year is to race an electric bike at the Isle of Man TT Zero race.  I'm hoping someone here can help me out.  I'm in the process of applying for my license for the IOM, but I've raced with the AFM, WERA, WSMC, and the AMA Supersport class last year.  I've been racing an R6 for the past 7 years, but I finally sold my race bike last month (after going through 6 different R6 models) and would really love to try to race the Empulse.  Or the RR.  Now THAT is a cool bike!

I've already got my vacation dates approved, and am also taking a little mini-vacation about a month before the race to check out the IOM and do some laps around the course so that I get some practice in.

Question, is there any way you could modify the bike to go 100+ mph?  And by 100+, I mean, like, 150+ mph?  I just decided last week that this was my goal for this year, and I can lose 35+ pounds if it means that i can go faster on the bike. 

Oh, and I wouldn't mind racing the bike at WERA -- or anywhere else they will let me race.  :D
In any case, nice to meet you all here, and I think I saw Aaron Lephart's name here.  I remember when he was  helping at Lockhart Philips and had that big crash.  I hope you're doing better Aaron.

Take care, and I hope to see you guys at the track!
Joy H.

Phantom

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Can someone help me Race a Brammo?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2011, 09:40:13 AM »
Welcome to the forum. I am glad you are interested in racing a Brammo electric motorcycle. I still think they are working out the rules for electric bikes at WERA based on feedback/complaints I heard from the recent WERA race where Chip Yates raced against ICE bikes.

IOM should be a nice place to visit. Losing 35+ pounds will make you go faster.

Good luck with your racing goals. I hope you are successful.

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2011, 12:37:42 PM »
I've already got my vacation dates approved, and am also taking a little mini-vacation about a month before the race to check out the IOM and do some laps around the course so that I get some practice in.

Hi Joy, and welcome to the forum. 
In order to race at the IOM in the TTZero race, you'll also have to be qualified for another solo class race (i.e. gas bikes -- not sidecars).  The regs state:
All Competitors resident in the UK must have held as a minimum a National Licence issued by the ACU or the SACU for at least twelve months
prior to the closing date for entries. Competitors from other FMN’s must have held an FIM International Non - Championship Licence for a
minimum of twelve months prior to the closing date for entries.
To be eligible to take part in this event an entry must have been accepted and the rider subsequently qualifi ed in another solo class. In addition
to enter this event all competitors must hold a “TT Course Licence” issued by the ACU at a cost of £25.00 in addition to any normal licence fees.
An application form for such a licence is enclosed with these Supplementary Regulations.

Brammo used two TT veterans when it raced at the IOM TTXGP race in 2009, Mark Buckley and Roy Richardson. 

I think it's very cool that you'd like to race on a Brammo, though.  And to race on the IOM (and survive!) would be a great adventure.
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

TT-25

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2011, 05:45:30 PM »
ahh yes, those pesky regulations!  :D

does anyone here know if it's possible for me to get (buy) an empulse before the actual official release date?  and is there any sort of racer support program with brammo?

it's nice to meet everyone here!  and thank you phantom, i hope i am successful too!  :)  and brammofan : it would the adventure of my lifetime. 

BrammoBrian

• Obsessive Empulsive
  • Brammovangelist
  • Director of Product Development - Brammo, Inc.
    • View Profile
    • BRAMMO
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2011, 09:14:45 AM »
Joy,

Please check your PMs (Private Messages) for my contact information.