General > Welcome Forum

Hello from Colorado

<< < (2/2)

HighlanderMWC:
I really like the concept of regen and thought I would miss the engine braking, but instead I've learned to really enjoy coasting. I definitely wouldn't want automated regen and would instead want to be able to "throttle" it.

From what I've been hearing regen nets way less than 10% on a motorcycle. The number popping into my head is 3%. That's just too little unless it significantly increases the life of the brake pads.

Phantom:

--- Quote from: HighlanderMWC on July 29, 2010, 04:35:39 PM ---From what I've been hearing regen nets way less than 10% on a motorcycle. The number popping into my head is 3%. That's just too little unless it significantly increases the life of the brake pads.

--- End quote ---

Yes, I also remember reading that it would be much lower than 10% and it would only add a mile or two in range at best. Even still, it sounds like such a cool idea that someone will eventually do it.

--- Quote --- I definitely wouldn't want automated regen and would instead want to be able to "throttle" it.
--- End quote ---

I agree.

OM617:
Small world, I just picked up #91 from Ft Collins with 463 miles on the odo and 7 cycles on the batteries.

As a side note, its not really "coasting", the motor controller still applies power to the motor to make it "neutral", otherwise the magnetic drag would slow you even without regen capability.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version