Author Topic: General Brammo questions  (Read 6209 times)

SamM

• Going GREEN!
  • Enertia Master
    • View Profile
Re: General Brammo questions
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2010, 11:07:38 AM »
Thanks Brammofan! My problem is electrical, no real heart problems, so that's always a good deal! I was pushing maximum density there for awhile. So far, I've dropped 30lbs and I'm well on my way to getting back down to 155 to 160lbs. Where I want to be. Hovering around 200 now. That's going to help the range of my Enertia quite a bit.

You know it was really my responsibility to contact my people, rather than ask the tough questions of Brammo. Of course, my people always say that, "motorcycles are dangerous and you shouldn't ride them!" REALLY? ::) Boston Scientific knew what to ask me and they were very honest about all of it. Asking it of Brammo was unfair to them. I didn't think before acting on that one and I put Adrian on the spot. My bad! It just sort of occured to me when we were on the phone. My apologies to him!

There's an anti-EV group? ;)

Later,
Sam

webman

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
Re: General Brammo questions
« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2010, 01:29:04 PM »

Webman,

We've got an engineering team member that has nerve damage in his hands from some really, really long distance bicycle rides (think months and months), but has no problems riding the Enertia.  He really likes this "feature" of the bike...

Thanks a lot for your answer, Brian.  This is exactly what I was talking about.  I've been doing a lot of thinking about this lately, as my current beater '97 yamaha seca II puts my hands to sleep just riding on the freeway for 15 minutes.  I think the smoothness of EV's is going to be a major selling point to riders like me who would like to keep on riding, as well as new riders.  I'm actually really surprised I haven't heard more talk about the lack of vibration on an electric bike.  Very good news, indeed!
webman, aka eric

brammo vehicle desired:  Empulse 8.0
current rides:  '97 yamaha seca II (low miles, but beater)
'06 honda metro (wife's bike, mostly)
previous bikes:
'97 ducati monster 750
'91 yamaha FZR600
'84 Honda VF750 Interceptor