Brammo Enertia Discussion > Brammo Enertia FAQ

FAQ - How do I charge my Enertia?

<< < (2/3) > >>

ebiker:
another question!

is it possible to disconnect the battery and charge it away from the bike?  unfortunately, i live in a condo and don't have separate electrical outlets i can use in the garage to charge.  i love the bike, but would not be able to charge it any other way.

Phantom:

--- Quote from: valeek on May 23, 2010, 09:43:15 AM --- Exactly how low should the Enertia get the first couple of times before it's charged?  And how exactly is that best accomplished without getting stranded in the process?

--- End quote ---

I tried to get the batteries really low to condition them. My goal was 10%.

To avoid being stranded, start with a full charge, ride until you are at 50% charge, then ride back the same route.

Phantom:

--- Quote from: ebiker on May 28, 2010, 11:42:55 PM ---is it possible to disconnect the battery and charge it away from the bike?  unfortunately, i live in a condo and don't have separate electrical outlets i can use in the garage to charge.  i love the bike, but would not be able to charge it any other way.

--- End quote ---

Disconnecting the battery pack does not seem like a practical idea from what I understand. You could charge another battery and go portable battery-to-Enertia battery.

I use my Enertia to commute to work. It is a short enough distance to go from home to work to home without recharging. Can you charge it at work?

ebiker:
unfortunately i can't charge the battery at work. 

battery to battery seems to be my only option.

thanks!

ALephart:
The batteries are not part of a modular "pack" and cannot be easily removed for charging. They can be removed for service, but its not something you would want to do on a regular basis.

All the best,
Aaron Lephart

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version