Author Topic: Considering buying used Empulse in Portland  (Read 1058 times)

RolfV

• View Profile
Considering buying used Empulse in Portland
« on: September 27, 2019, 04:40:47 PM »
New to forum as hoped to get some buying advice. I used to follow these online when they were first about to come out.
I've met someone when looking at a used ZEV scooter for sale, who also happens to have a 2013 Empulse. I said, well, why don't you sell me that, part jokingly (he has about 4 bikes).  He replied that he would and gave me the following info. It looked in decent shape. I'd like to know if based on these facts, does this sound like a very good opportunity. There's definitely a 'collectible/hard to find' factor with these. Thank you.

"I'll sell you the Brammo for $3000. That is what I have in it after adding the accessories.
2013 with 20,848 miles. Not the R model; it's the standard model. New tire in front and new rear unmounted tire. GIVI hard side cases. OEM Victory tall windshield. Wider higher handle bars with big mirrors so you are not leaning forward over the tank. No Issues. I've put around 2000 miles on it."

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Considering buying used Empulse in Portland
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2019, 05:24:06 PM »
So, first, welcome to the forum!
Next, that is a darn good price for an Empulse, especially if it's in good shape.

However, you probably know this, but if anything ever goes wrong with the electronics, battery system, or transmission, you're going to be there proud owner of a $3K paperweight. There is literally no factory support anymore and that means no extra parts if anything happens. So, that's the risk you have to consider when deciding to buy.

I would love to own one, but I am not willing to take that risk anymore.
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

siai47

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2019, 06:45:32 PM »
Paperweight?  I am just bringing my Empulse back down from Michigan to Florida.  My current driver is a Zero SR/F but I miss the Empulse.  When it dies (later rather than sooner) it's going in my living room above the TV.  I have high enough ceilings for that.  The bike will become a work of art, not a paperweight  :)   

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2019, 07:32:17 PM »
I like the way you think. :)
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

nunux59

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2019, 04:39:33 AM »
You can also consider, especially in US that other people with broken bike will want to sell parts or buy used parts.

HadesOmega

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2019, 05:24:59 PM »
Victory Empulse TT can still be serviced and parts available by Victory/Indian/Polaris dealers.  Most of the parts from the Victory Empulse can be used on the Brammo Empulse.  But the two I guess are different enough where they won't work on the Brammo.

Good luck $3k sounds like a good deal.  Ask if he has changed the coolant on it I think it's suppose to be changed at 18k miles. 

I've ridden a lot of other EVs and I own a Sur Ron Light Bee and I still like the Empulse very much.  Had they continued to develop this bike there's no doubt it would still and kinda still is a rival to the big names out there today.
2016 Victory Empulse TT - #139