Author Topic: I'm spoiled.  (Read 1188 times)

MichaelJ

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
    • EV Envy
I'm spoiled.
« on: August 19, 2014, 06:28:35 PM »
Rode my ICE motorcycle today just to make sure it was still usable.  Found the engine noise, vibration, and heat dissipation uncomfortable, especially at a stoplight.  Forgot to shift down to 1st at a stoplight.  Experienced lag between throttle and acceleration.  Teeth hurt (from clenching or the vibration, I don't know). 

Spoiled by my Brammo Empulse.

In all fairness, though, I found new oil stains on the floor of my garage...under the Empulse.  Thank goodness it's going into the shop tomorrow for its 600-mile maintenance.
2013 ICON Brammo EBoz Spec 32 (#6)
2012 Current Motor Super Scooter
2007 Suzuki Boulevard C50T

Shinysideup

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
Re: I'm spoiled.
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2014, 11:31:56 PM »
Yeah, I know what you mean. Got rid of my ICE bike a couple of months ago. Every time I was on it, I kept asking, "Why is this thing trying to shake itself apart?"

It's like hearing a dot-matrix printer after switching to a laser printer. (If you're old enough to remember that far back!). Every time I hear a loud Harley, I think, "SOOO 19th century!"

MichaelJ

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
    • EV Envy
Re: I'm spoiled.
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2014, 02:08:46 AM »
Got rid of my ICE bike a couple of months ago.

After a long-overdue road trip that I've been planning for two years, I might just do that.

If you're old enough to remember that far back!

;)  Some of my elementary and high-school homework assignments and D&D character sheets were printed on an Epson MX-80.  Lost it in an office move after bringing it into work for printer compatibility testing about 15 years ago.  Found a box of continuous-feed paper in a closet as recently as a couple of years ago.  Rediscovered a cloth used as its dust cover just this morning!
2013 ICON Brammo EBoz Spec 32 (#6)
2012 Current Motor Super Scooter
2007 Suzuki Boulevard C50T