Author Topic: Empulse Production Date?  (Read 10999 times)

EmpulseRider

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
Empulse Production Date?
« on: January 04, 2012, 02:05:04 PM »
Im DYING to know if anyone has more definitive information about the production date of the Empulse. I think we are looking at Q2 2012 right? That would mean that we could get our 3 month notice any day right?

My order number is: 20100720007 (that's because on the first day of pre-orders the system got hosed and lost my original order number: 20100715003... along with the bragging rights that came with it)

Would be awesome if we could get more information on when the production version will be revealed too!  ;D

protomech

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
Re: Empulse Production Date?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2012, 04:16:50 PM »
Same boat here re: waiting.

Brammo knows that Zero is taking payments for preorders for the 2012 bikes in January, and has commited to shipping in volume in February. It's even possible that Zero's very best dealers will have early access to a limited number of bikes..

I expect (and hope) that Brammo will commit to a release date and deliver final specifications for the Empulse before that time. If they are producing bikes in Q2 then they must be finished with the design by now, and are holding the final specifications close to their chest for whatever reason.

The other scenario is that they've hit some roadblock: technical, logistics, or legal. We know the Empulse did not ship last year, we know that the official reason was the IET, and we know that they are no longer planning to use Leyden Energy battery cells.

It seems to me that Brammo is making a play for big time production - high-risk, high-gain. They've lined up serious investors, they've made partnerships with Flextronics for local assembly (er, nevermind that the 2012 US bikes will be made in Hungary). IET could be a performance game-changer.

First they have to ship. They shipped the Enertia, so they have a track record. But so little word on the Empulse.
1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/

Richard230

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2012, 06:08:12 PM »
If the battery situation has been sorted out, you would think that the first bike to be produced and shipped to pre-order customers would be the Enertia Plus, as it doesn't have the new transmission and I assume most of the design and tooling on the bike would not have to be built from scratch, like the Empulse.   ???
current bikes: 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2011 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Classic, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2007 BMW R1200R, 2005 Triumph T-100 Bonneville, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2012, 06:27:00 PM »
Yes...If I was to guess...

Plus in Spring

Empulse shown in Spring, delivered in Summer...

Just a guess from posts here by Brian and Adrian.

The Plus could be bumped to Summer also if Brammo is waiting to release everything at once...but not sure that is the best route to go. Get some bikes out and seen, get some sales going and then add the Empulse a bit later when it is ready.

Of course I would love to see this time frame, like the Empulse, "accelerated".

Plus in late winter for pre-order people (early March delivery?), Empulse shown soon (this month? early next month? I would do it before official Zero 2012 sale of bikes in stores started so Brammo could steal some "news cycles"---gawd I'm full of puns today---and because I know we are all hoping to see it soon), and Empulse released in May/June....

But I'm not sure Brammo can get them this fast...or have dealerships ready this fast....

I hope so, but it could be Summer for everyone.

Gavin
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 06:30:29 PM by Gavin »

EmpulseRider

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2012, 10:13:36 PM »
Thanks for the info and thoughts everyone. I must be patient... once the production version of the Empulse is revealed, I think my head may explode.

machone

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2012, 04:42:42 AM »
Does anybody have any idea when the Empulse will be available in Europe(Holland)? Are the EU road laws being tackled? I am a serious pre orderer in that I would have put money down. However, the money is burning a hole in my pocket? I'd be grateful for any news even if it is bad. Thanks
Not long now

Richard230

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2012, 11:07:44 AM »
Does anybody have any idea when the Empulse will be available in Europe(Holland)? Are the EU road laws being tackled? I am a serious pre orderer in that I would have put money down. However, the money is burning a hole in my pocket? I'd be grateful for any news even if it is bad. Thanks

Join the club.   :)
current bikes: 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2011 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Classic, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2007 BMW R1200R, 2005 Triumph T-100 Bonneville, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

EmpulseRider

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2012, 12:29:28 PM »
It sounds like we may possibly be hearing something "soon" from Brammo...
http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/news/brammo-empulse-testing-six-speed-gearbox/
See the comments from BrammoBrian.

machone

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2012, 04:08:58 PM »
Thanks Empulse buyer the links were interesting.

My concern is after having built a car in the UK and subsequently attempted to bring it to Europe, I know the hoops I had to jump through and that was for a one off vehicle. For production vehicles I'm willing to bet the hurdles are higher. If the design isn't finalised the time to the first bike on the road, in the EU at least, is bound to be months if not a year or two. I hope I'm wrong and something about evs is easier or Brammo have it in hand but as guessing is all we have......

I've been running a worn out commuter to work with the hope of holding off getting anything until the Empulse appears but without news I'm losing faith.

On the othe hand, zero have an outlet down the road and I suppose if they managed it? No idea how long the paperwork and testing took them though.
Not long now

Shinysideup

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2012, 09:16:21 PM »
It sounds like we may possibly be hearing something "soon" from Brammo...

Reminds me of the acronym "RSN" used in the heady days of software development.

As in: "When's that word processing application going to be released?"

Reply: "Real soon now."

Atticus_Finch

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2012, 06:49:24 PM »
I have been super excited about the Empulse since they first posted pictures on this site.  But my patience is starting to wear thin ... I need something to ride this Summer.  Already starting to look at alternatives because Brammo has been so spotty with their communications and production promises.

Deadly Silent Ninja

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2012, 02:13:49 PM »
Hi Atticus,

I think it's the price of being part of something new. I couldn't wait and got my name off the list.  :'( I am also not sure if I will be able to afford the version they will actually release. If money wasn't an issue, I would definitely stick around. Brammo has a proven track record and I don't think Polaris would put all that money into it if they weren't expecting some big return.

As news go, I had to be away from this list for a while due to ridiculous amount of work and it seems that nothing really changed since. I would say, keep the summer 2012 release date in mind. If you can afford to wait, wait. If not, Brammo is not going anywhere and I am pretty sure they will have a 2014 model that will be even more awesome (and affordable for my own sake).

Or you can get an used Enertia just for fun and to keep you busy while you wait for the Empulse.  ;D

2Slow4u

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2012, 02:34:53 PM »
I'm awaiting official news myself, but I thought I would share a bit of information. Certain sources that have seen the current bikes have been very very impressed with Brammos power electronics, battery pack, and IET. As to the tune that its in a completely different class than the Zero S. Whenever it comes out it will be worth it.

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2012, 02:39:27 PM »
Very nice....

Still want photos and specs :)

Gavin

EmpulseRider

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2012, 03:10:00 PM »
I'm awaiting official news myself, but I thought I would share a bit of information. Certain sources that have seen the current bikes have been very very impressed with Brammos power electronics, battery pack, and IET. As to the tune that its in a completely different class than the Zero S. Whenever it comes out it will be worth it.

Thanks for the info... No more details though?

Would be nice to get at least a small clue from Brammo about progress... been quiet for too long now.