Author Topic: Custom Paint for my Enertia  (Read 9435 times)

enertia-ette

• Empulse Guru
  • My Enertia, Dorothy
    • View Profile
    • Motorcycle Travel America
    • Email
Custom Paint for my Enertia
« on: April 20, 2010, 11:39:28 PM »
My friend, Jason Sarratt of Hellcat Customs in Chandler Arizona, has just recieved the extra colored panels I bought for my bike. I used the rewards points ($160) to purchase them and have them sent from Best Buy at Cascade Station here in Portland, Oregon.
I am so excited to have this done so I will have a completely unique bike in addition to its already unique statis by being electric. Here is an example of Jason's work...
http://www.bikerschurch.com/robdale/2010/04/09/my-new-paint/  This was a job he did for our friend, Rob Dale, pastor of the Bikers Church in Canada.
This young man is a master custom painter and has had his work showcased in several magazines. He asked me to tell Brammo..."If you like something unique, you're guna get something unique." 
So, stay tuned, Ill be posting the progress. We are waiting for the black panels, as well which are coming this week. We were just going to paint the colored panels but, Jason has an idea and it apparently takes more room than the colored panels provide.
Originally, he was going to do a complete customization however, I just couldnt let go of the bike. He settled for custom paint only! Sorry, I couldnt stay off the bike long enough to send it down... ;)

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Custom Paint for my Enertia
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2010, 08:50:46 AM »
I can't wait to see this, Judy.  I wish he would post some "in progress" pics.  He looks like an amazing artist.
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

BrammoBrian

• Obsessive Empulsive
  • Brammovangelist
  • Director of Product Development - Brammo, Inc.
    • View Profile
    • BRAMMO
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2010, 09:48:05 PM »
Here's my custom paint... we're considering this as a real color option for 2011, so let me know what you think!...

We'll have to start a poll to name the new color.  It's actually a very pretty metallic black that's got a nice "sparkle" in the sun. 

Phantom

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2010, 07:23:35 AM »
The metallic black looks incredible and really makes the bike come together. I would choose that color above all others so far.

ALephart

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
    • smart car forum
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2010, 10:34:24 AM »
I like the black, but would prefer a matte finish to it. I really like the "peace keeping blue" that was made for Brammofan's bike!

All the best,
Aaron Lephart

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2010, 11:29:36 AM »
I've been jonesing for you guys to release a black bike for a long time.  It looks great...frickin' wonderful. 

I have to ask, just because I remember what you said about rider visibility in this post, how an owner of this black Enertia could improve the visibility of the bike without messing too much with the aesthetics.

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2010, 03:07:27 PM »
We'll have to start a poll to name the new color.  It's actually a very pretty metallic black that's got a nice "sparkle" in the sun. 
I almost missed this.  I think this is a great idea.  I will get cracking on this (might be tomorrow) and drive some traffic to the forum. 

Any possibility that the person who supplies the winning name could get something like a Brammo cap or t-shirt?  (not an Enertia... that is so last week). 

skadamo

• Administrator
  • Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
    • Plug Bike
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2010, 10:51:39 PM »
Man, that looks good!  :o Still a sucker for the orange tho.

BrammoFan, how about some reflective racing stripes to be more visible? Brian's signature yellow helmet should go a long way to being visible.

BrammoBrian

• Obsessive Empulsive
  • Brammovangelist
  • Director of Product Development - Brammo, Inc.
    • View Profile
    • BRAMMO
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2010, 09:22:44 AM »
I've been jonesing for you guys to release a black bike for a long time.  It looks great...frickin' wonderful.  

I have to ask, just because I remember what you said about rider visibility in this post, how an owner of this black Enertia could improve the visibility of the bike without messing too much with the aesthetics.

Glad you guys like it!  So my updated thought on visibility basically is that the rider is what is directly in the line of sight of car drivers (as the rider's helmet is roughly in line with head of someone seated in a modern car or SUV) and so provides the best opportunity to increase visibility.  I still think a bright colored helmet is the way to go.  I've also got a HID headlight for increased frontal visibility and the retro-reflective pinstriping on the wheels (which I may add to the bodywork as well) for increased nightime visibility.  The stock taillamp works well and is plenty bright, but I may be installing an LED kit there as well.  I'll keep you posted...  

Also... sorry to hijack Enertia-ette's thread...

enertia-ette

• Empulse Guru
  • My Enertia, Dorothy
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2010, 05:12:50 PM »
If the black had been available, that would have been my choice. When I looked up the color choices at the Brammo website, I kept thinking I had missed the color black. I checked again....white, grey, no black. NO BLACK!!??
I think the black looks great. Custom paint?? I wouldnt go that far. I think its considered a re-paint. When Dorothy is done, I will show you custom paint!! And, done by a master builder/painter. 

enertia-ette

• Empulse Guru
  • My Enertia, Dorothy
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2010, 05:17:08 PM »
Oh, about visibility... I think its the rider, not the bike. You see the helmet LONG before you see the bike..between cars, through car windows, ect. Thats what the special tape is for!!

Durgenbold

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2010, 07:59:31 PM »
I almost missed this.  I think this is a great idea.  I will get cracking on this (might be tomorrow) and drive some traffic to the forum. 

Hey guys, sorry to take so long to get back (Junior finals coming up!)

I think this poll is a great idea but I can't find one - if Brammofan has really created it like he hinted at  ;)

Anyway, I'm trying to stick with the style of your other colors in naming a black one. It's kindof hard to think of something creative with such simple words! (Seems the name will have to include Black in it so I'll try.)

Here's some suggestions:

Sable Silhouette - A Sable is an animal and also an adjective for Black

Black Ebony - Dark wood

Dusky Drive - "Drive" can be read as "Ride" or "Vigor"

Sleek Shadow - Idk

Forsaking Fossils - Rejecting fossil fuels despite the black look. Any takers? Maybe too negative.

Onyx, Oil/Coal, Combustion Jettison...just other ideas that I can't put into a name with at the moment.

Anyway, get that poll up! I'm sure you'll come across much better names than what I can pull out of nowhere. I'll try my best to keep up with the forum again.

Durgenbold  :)

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2010, 08:36:06 PM »
Hey durg... good to see you again.  No, I never did create a poll, but I think your idea -- starting with some color names -- is a necessary step. 

So, come on folks, let's hear some names. 

Okay, I better be more specific:  Let's come up with some names for these colors.

Here's mine:

Deepwater Black - in memory of all the birds, fish, plants and other creatures that are dead, or will die as a result of the oil spill.

Anthracite Black

Deep Space Black

mykb13

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2010, 10:08:15 PM »
Midnight Sky
Solar Eclipse

thespecialone

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
    • Brammo
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2010, 11:44:26 PM »
oooh good names I like it.....please keep them coming.

We are working on some cunning plans for special colors - more news this summer....
Adrian