Author Topic: new empulse vid?  (Read 2768 times)

ttxgpfan

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: new empulse vid?
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2011, 06:58:52 PM »
Me! Just, just go with me here.  Opening shot is me flowing along a twisty back road, then I blow by some old guy sitting out side his country gas station.  I continue along this amazing backroad with flashes to me ringing the the Emplse's neck for all I'm worth on the track, sort of to imply a flashback or dream sequence.  The Twisty road ends and it's my roommate waiting for his riding lesson (which I actually have been doing).  This shows that not only is it bad ass, but how easy it is to ride, and versatile it is.  After a satisfied head nod to my roommate we flash back to the track where I am flat out, and Steve-O blows by me on a stock Empulse like I have a boat anchor attached.  This shows both how quick the bike can be, and that how much of a goober I really am.  The closing scene is me in my Brammo leathers with my twitter name on the back joking to the team about the smack down that just occurred.  Why the leathers and my name?  Because face it, you folks need my endorsement.  The bike just won't sell with out it. :D
I await my pre-launch test bike.

P.S. By now you should be laughing at the ridiculousness of the above statements.

Shinysideup

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2012, 12:34:53 AM »
The closing scene is me in my Brammo leathers with my twitter name on the back joking to the team about the smack down that just occurred. 

The Brammo babes! You forgot that the Brammo babes are surrounding you in the closing scene!

protomech

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2012, 03:39:31 PM »
One small feature I always look for (and almost never find) in moto vids is a section where the pounding music flat out stops, leaving nothing to listen to but the near silence of the electric bike.

I know this feature figures highly in my attraction to these machines.

Maybe some clever director could work that in as one of the sub-themes. Near total silence when maneuvering at slow speed. Later, cut to the wind up on take off. And still later the high whine of WOT. And leave the music OFF each time long enough for the sound to be savored.
One of the best parts of the KTM Freeride E videos.
1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/

ttxgpfan

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2012, 06:50:07 PM »
The closing scene is me in my Brammo leathers with my twitter name on the back joking to the team about the smack down that just occurred. 

The Brammo babes! You forgot that the Brammo babes are surrounding you in the closing scene!

D'oh!  Genius.  Yes, because it doesn't matter how much of a goober you are, the Empulse will still make you sexier.  Sexy enough to get Brammo girls!  I knew there was a reason I liked this forum. :D

Bishop

• AOL Instant Messenger - brybishop
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2012, 03:00:56 PM »
The pinnacle of production value has to be Ducati's spot in Tron Legacy:

Tron Ducati Sport 1000 Scene

And I think the magic is in the music.  You're most likely not going to get a piece of the Tron IP or Daft Punk to do the track, but I don't think anything matches an eBike better than some pulsing electronic music in a world that is completely electronic.

Shoot it downtown, at night, scrap the dialog and find a good composer.  You need to shoot something that makes people say, "Holy $#!+, what was that?"
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 10:06:39 PM by Bishop »
Game Changer?  Trite but true.

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2012, 05:51:47 PM »
wrong thread  :-[
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 05:54:56 PM by Gavin »

Bishop

• AOL Instant Messenger - brybishop
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2012, 10:06:05 PM »
And now you guys have this to go up against: 
Motorcycle vs. Car Drift Battle 2

Made right in your backyard!
Game Changer?  Trite but true.

Richard230

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2012, 11:07:36 AM »
The problem with drifting cars on the highway is that they tend to kill motorcyclists when they drift around corners.  That happened to a local motorcycle racer in the Bay Area last month.  He was on a ride one weekend morning and a drifting car came around the corner on a back road and hit him head-on, killing him instantly.  Drifting anything should only be done on a closed course and never on the street.  That is why I really don't like that video.  It gives the dumb-asses in the world another idea for getting their cheap thrills on the street, in between their beers and drugs.
current bikes: 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2011 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Classic, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2007 BMW R1200R, 2005 Triumph T-100 Bonneville, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

Shinysideup

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2012, 11:02:55 PM »
Drifting anything should only be done on a closed course and never on the street. 

Hence the opening screen, but I get your point.

STILL, it's pretty amazing driving/riding.

I wonder how many high sides / low sides those guys endured to learn to ride that way on pavement!

And I must admit liking the donut at the end, as well as the motto on the side of the car.