Author Topic: Brammo Empulse is a monster look a like  (Read 1437 times)

Brammonster

• Brammo Monster 10.0
  • Dragon Slayer
    • View Profile
    • Email
Brammo Empulse is a monster look a like
« on: January 17, 2012, 09:38:40 PM »
   When I look at pictures of the Empulse I can see a resemblance of a Ducati Monster, it's a very sexy bike. It will definetly throw people off. This machine will envy alot of riders at your regular bike night, I can't wait for the spring. I wonder if I could attach my Gerbings heated suit to the Empulse with no problems so I can ride it through the winter months. What about these charging stations, did they actually consider the electric bike industry to charge our bikes at one of these charging stations? What happens when I do get my Empulse 10.0 and I have some electrical problems with it? I can't take it to a near by bike dealership. Ship it back to the company? Where will be the nearest dealer located from the state of Louisiana?

FreepZ

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Empulse Experience
    • Email
Re: Brammo Empulse is a monster look a like
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2012, 10:45:07 PM »
Let's see if I can answer some of your questions:

What about these charging stations, did they actually consider the electric bike industry to charge our bikes at one of these charging stations?

The Empulse will have a standard J1772 socket that you can plug into with a standard 220v charging station. It will also have the standard 110v plug that is available everywhere, but the charging will take a lot longer.

What happens when I do get my Empulse 10.0 and I have some electrical problems with it? I can't take it to a near by bike dealership. Ship it back to the company? Where will be the nearest dealer located from the state of Louisiana?

Brammo has teamed up with Polaris. I expect that you will be able to have your bike serviced at one of their dealerships. Look them up here:
http://www.polarisindustries.com/en-us/Vehicles/Pages/Home.aspx
Richard #935 #595 #44

Shinysideup

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2012, 12:55:43 AM »
Anybody have an educated guess about the OP's question regarding Gerbings?

12V accessory outlet likely on the Empulse?

protomech

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2012, 09:53:50 AM »
Anybody have an educated guess about the OP's question regarding Gerbings?

12V accessory outlet likely on the Empulse?

BrammoBrian stated a little while back that the Enertia Plus will have a 12V accessory plug.
http://brammoforum.com/index.php?topic=412.msg2176#msg2176

The Empulse will also likely have a 12V accessory plug - though perhaps BrammoBrian can verify?
1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/

Shinysideup

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2012, 01:56:50 AM »
The Empulse will also likely have a 12V accessory plug - though perhaps BrammoBrian can verify?

I was checking out the Empulse demo at Scuderia West today and couldn't find a 12V accessory port.

Is there one?  What's the current rating?

Anybody?

protomech

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2012, 02:42:48 AM »
The Zero has a 10A fuse on its optional accessory plug. Maybe the Enertia Plus / Empulse is the same.. if this is still in the cards. Haven't heard anything about it recently.

An integrated inverter for 120V AC would be awesome on these bikes.
1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/