Author Topic: Our Demographics  (Read 53225 times)

protomech

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
Re: Our Demographics
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2012, 12:06:16 PM »
29 year old, computer engineer / code monkey working in the defense industry (7 years). Live in Huntsville, AL, home of Marshall Space Flight Center and Redstone Arsenal. Single, no kids but enjoying time with brother's new daughter!

Interests include board gaming, card gaming, computer gaming, tabletop gaming; hiking and canoeing (usually one big trip each year; dan river in NC, week-long hiking in CO mountains, the new river in WV/VA were last few years); technology in general and computers in specific. Very interested in national energy strategy, alternative transportation industry and technologies.

I drive a 2000 Honda Insight (65-70 mpg typically) and ride a 2006 GS500 (first bike, bought in 2009 w/ 600 miles). I have a 2004 mustang that mostly languishes in the garage. I plan to replace the GS500 with an electric bike this year (Empulse preferably) and sell the mustang when it starts to warm up.

I'm a 40 year old software engineer in the computer games industry. ;D

Anything we might have heard of?
1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/

Shinysideup

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2012, 12:54:13 PM »
Work: RN Care Manager for Home Care Agency (I ride on my job every day)
I have no cars, though wife has a Prius.
Ride: Yammy TMax scooter after my BMW R1200R was totaled by a cager. Been riding for 45 years.
Waiting waiting for Empulse.
Hobbies: Electric bicycle. Growing food. Growing cash. Watching a cat grow.
Grown daughter in Texas.

FreepZ

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Empulse Experience
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2012, 04:11:14 PM »
I'm a 40 year old software engineer in the computer games industry. ;D

Anything we might have heard of?

I'm currently working on finishing off Tiger Woods PGA Tour '13 for EA Sports. I've also worked on NASCAR '08, a somewhat obscure game called Head Coach '09, and a few other versions of Tiger Woods PGA Tour.

Take a look at my future parking spot: If you look carefully, you can see the EA logo on the "EV Only" parking sign. :)
Richard #935 #595 #44

Vibetrippin

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2012, 05:25:43 PM »
Work: R&D/herder of cats
Vehicles: Saturn Astra, daily rider of an '86 Suzuki Savage
Hobbies: EV drooling. Snowboarding, RPG's (I know, I'm a nerd)
Married with three sons, 5 through 9

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2012, 10:34:51 AM »
So, age, career/job, location, marital status, kids, hobbies, what you're driving/riding now.

50. Liberal.

Pediatric Sonographer (I actually do all types of ultrasounds, but for the last 16 years I have focused on congenital heart disease from in utero through adult).

Albuquerque, New Mexico.

Married 26 2/3 years. Two wonderful daughters, 23 and 22. One amazing grand daughter, 9 months.

Riding, hanging with the family, camping, more riding.

I currently have 3 rides, 2 I own, one I am "loaned/testing" :)   Big Scooter is a MP3-500. Cage is a Fiat 500 Prima Edizione . Loaned/Testing vehicle is an Enertia.

Once the Plus comes out I will have that. Once either the Volvo C30 EV or the Fiat 500 EV comes out I will be trading in my current gas Fiat for an all electric cage. If either is delayed too long I will get another EV...maybe a Honda Fit EV or similar.

Gavin

BigDpelican

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2012, 10:42:54 PM »
Hey, I'm an techie working in EnvSci in Melb, I'm 42, married with assorted rugrats.
I have been riding for over a decade and want to upgrade from ICE to EV...ASAP - given that I have a 80km (mostly freeway) commute each way. I have excess solar that I can charge a bike with...I would miss my Wee-strom

Virtually Yours

• Brammoholic
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2012, 11:37:19 PM »
Hi my name is Jeff and I'm a Brammoholic  :P
Croupier. Currently employed by Seminole Gaming: Table Games Department (or as I like to say, I'm a re-investment broker, I take your money and re-invest it into Seminole Properties.)
I'm getting married in April.
Political affiliation is mostly in the middle but slightly to the right.
Hobbies include health and fitness.
I'm a real newbie, I haven't rode a motorbike since childhood but where I live and work it makes lots of sense. The weather year round is great and everything is within 10 miles of home. Besides cruising A1A to South Beach on an Empulse sounds like fun!

Actually Mine,
Empluse R

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2012, 10:17:19 AM »
Welcome to the forum, Jeff!  Ooops... just saw that you joined quite a while ago.  Thanks for adding to this thread. 

You know, I was going to make arrangements to go on a tour of a large area of land set aside for indigenous people in northern Arizona, but now I'm having second thoughts.  I guess you could say I'm having reservation reservation reservations.

:D

I'm here all week, folks.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 10:21:13 AM by Brammofan »
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

karlInSanDiego

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2012, 10:38:50 PM »
Not on the list yet, but Empulse 10 is my top choice at this point to make use of the new 10.5 kW solar array we're installing.

42, married 14 years - Programmer -
Started riding a '79 XS650 in '95, graduated to '96 Katana 600 and clocked 33k before it was nicked in 2000.  Fast forward to 2008 and I picked up a leftover '08 Triumph Daytona 675(39mpg avg).  My wife has an '08 Ninja 650R(52) and a '73 GT550 stinkwheel(30) that I built into a cafe racer.

Big motorhead, current collection: '48 Chevy 1/2 ton (14mpg avg), '56 MGA(~27), '72 BMW 2002(22 it's breathed on), '00 Z3(27), '07 MINI Cooper S(33.5), '09 Elise(29) (most of them even run)

Current hobbies include cars/bikes, wrenching, koi pond, reef aquariums, sim racing.  I've considered building my own EV for several years, but the battery tech is still too pricey to dump into a project that might never go.  So I'm hoping I can swing an Empulse and have the gas savings pay for it over time.  I commute 51 miles a day.  Some day I might build our MG into an EV, when LiPo batteries are ubiquitous.  One sucky part of the EV revolution may be that cars/bikes won't fare well if not used daily or within that week. 

-KarlInSanDiego

protomech

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2012, 07:20:56 AM »
Not on the list yet, but Empulse 10 is my top choice at this point to make use of the new 10.5 kW solar array we're installing.

42, married 14 years - Programmer -
Started riding a '79 XS650 in '95, graduated to '96 Katana 600 and clocked 33k before it was nicked in 2000.  Fast forward to 2008 and I picked up a leftover '08 Triumph Daytona 675(39mpg avg).  My wife has an '08 Ninja 650R(52) and a '73 GT550 stinkwheel(30) that I built into a cafe racer.

Big motorhead, current collection: '48 Chevy 1/2 ton (14mpg avg), '56 MGA(~27), '72 BMW 2002(22 it's breathed on), '00 Z3(27), '07 MINI Cooper S(33.5), '09 Elise(29) (most of them even run)

Current hobbies include cars/bikes, wrenching, koi pond, reef aquariums, sim racing.

Sim racing huh : ) I have a G27 and a triplehead setup.

One sucky part of the EV revolution may be that cars/bikes won't fare well if not used daily or within that week.

I don't think weekly use is necessary, but you definitely can't throw a tarp over it and come back 5 years later and dust it off.

Zero says 3000 cycles on their new batteries (to 80%, at 25C and low discharge rates, in a lab). I'm getting 70 miles per charge, I definitely do not expect the bike to last 200k miles. I'd be happy with 10 years of use - but you definitely have to enjoy riding it to justify it.
1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/

Sorian

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2012, 10:13:44 PM »
I am a 25 year old guy, Work for a school district in the Houston, TX area, currently single and looks like it might stay that way, hobbies are computer, video games, bicycling, some rock climbing (we have indoor rock climbing gyms), what I'm driving right now is a 2007 Ford Fusion I-4. I signed up for the Empulse 10.0 because my commute to work is 30 miles on 90% highway and wanted to make sure that I had range to spare a long time down the road, so to speak.

frodus

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2012, 05:15:58 PM »
Name: Travis
Work: Electrical Engineer/Applications engineer
owner of Electro Motive Force, LLC (EV Parts and consulting)

While I don't own a Brammo (yet), I went down a couple years back and hung out with Brian Wissman and toured the shop. Great setup they've got. Haven't been down lately, but I do keep tabs on the industry.

A few years ago I converted a Honda VFR700F to electric and in the past year or so, I've been upgrading to AC and Lithium. Got into selling batteries and motors and controllers and started my own business last year. Met Brammofan at some of the TTXGP races a couple years back and know quite a few people in the industry and even spent some time working with some of the race teams.

Would like to own a Brammo someday, but my conversion will do for now.

nshortri

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2012, 02:38:17 AM »

So, age, career/job, location, marital status, kids, hobbies, what you're driving/riding now.  I'll start.

Hello everyone! I am 22 years old, becoming 23 this summer! I am almost done with finishing my Bachelor's of Science degree in Biology. I am hoping to apply to pharmacy school next year. I live in Denver, Colorado and was born in Brazil. I have a girlfriend that I have been with for the past three years. I love her a lot and I got her addicted to the electric car concept :)    She loves the new Tesla Model S and Nissan Leaf. I hope that we can get a electric car when we are done with graduate schools. No kids at the time. I have had a lot of hobbies in the past involving coin collecting, building model rocket ships, card collecting, motorcycle riding, and traveling! I had a 2003 Honda CBR600RR and it was a blast! I had it for two years and now I want to go to a different path. I would like to stop polluting our environment and start helping it!

Oh yeah, I would like to get the Brammo Empulse and I was on waiting list since February. I hope the bike comes out to be affordable for us younger people so I can ride to campus and show off the beautiful bike :)
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 02:45:07 AM by nshortri »
2003 CBR600RR - sold
2012 or 2013 BRAMMO EMPULSE - waiting :-)

machone

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2012, 04:07:00 AM »
Thought I better add my details as I've put up a few posts:

Job: Heli pilot
Vehicles: Mercedes C200. Dax Rush(self build). Had a Triumph Triple engined bike for 6 years but sold it during a 'cost cutting excercise'! Wish I hadn't - loved it, miss it.
Hobbies: Music, Boating, Woodwork.
Family: Engaged, dog
Want to do my bit to prevent us using up the world's resources and offset my JET A1 usage but frustrated by actual government and popular support despite the media coverage. Try putting up a solar panel or wind turbine in Europe, for instance. Believe the only solution is through low personal effort solutions like buying a Brammo bike or a house with panels already installed.
Not long now

Mithion

• Brammovangelist
  • Raised on a Harley but all about electric power!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2012, 01:37:52 PM »
I am a 29 y/o (turning 30 this year) male
A proud enlisted member of our fine United States Navy.
I used to ride a 2005 Harley Sportster but had to sell it when I enlisted.
I am very into green technology and jumping onto a new/emerging thing that I feel is going in a very cool direction, such as Brammo. That fact that it is a home grown all American company is even better.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 09:50:29 AM by Mithion »