Author Topic: BRD RedShift  (Read 783 times)

FreepZ

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Empulse Experience
    • Email
BRD RedShift
« on: February 14, 2012, 04:04:45 PM »
News from BRD and their RedShift off-road bike:

BRD RedShift SM hoons San Francisco, MX reveal coming

Richard #935 #595 #44

Richard230

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
Re: BRD RedShift
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2012, 06:49:50 PM »
Thanks for the link, FreepZ.  It is amazing how BRD's small staff (I think they only have 5 employees) were able to develop and manufacture their electric motorcycles from scratch in such a short time period. 

BMW has been fooling around with electric motor scooters for a number of years and have yet to put a model of their scooter on the market.  I can recall a few years ago when they bought the EV technology from Vectrix and stuffed their drive/battery system into the old C1, roofed scooter, that couldn't even be sold in Europe when it was powered by a 125cc motor.  (Although, I think the Italian police force bought some - not that that was any big recommendation.   ;D  )

Meanwhile KTM seems to be the only major established motorcycle manufacturer to actually produce an EV that anyone would want.  Where are the Japanese, anyway. All they seem to be able to do is to produce the occasional prototype trial-balloon show bike.   ???
current bikes: 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2011 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Classic, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2007 BMW R1200R, 2005 Triumph T-100 Bonneville, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.