Author Topic: New York to replace Horse drawn carriages with electric buggies...  (Read 797 times)

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
New York's new mayor wants to replace all the horse drawn carriages in Central Park with Electric Vehicles. Brammo should whip up a proposal to make some old-tyme buggy carriages that are all electric.

Shouldn't be hard...something that will have a driver in front and room for a couple in the back...

would be great advertizing....

Gavin

elegant with good distance between riders and driver...a bit complicated to build.

or

similar...a bit less elegant, but good space from driver to riders...

or

http://www.tarzan.org/pics/abccar.jpg

Very simple, but you would probably want better separation between driver an riders? Easier, cheaper and quicker to build than the other two.

I would propose: start with a few of the cheap easy ones, and then add the nicer ones over time...so two types would be available at different prices for a ride around the park...

Gavin...who is always looking for ways to make Brammo work even harder...
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 11:27:22 AM by Gavin »

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
Re: New York to replace Horse drawn carriages with electric buggies...
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2014, 06:18:25 PM »
I reiterate....Brammo horseless carriages running around Central Park would be great publicity for the company.

And I imagine that Brammo could make a good case and presentation to the new Governor.

A well established, USA company that is making and "currently" selling Electric Motorcycles...a real win win...

Unless there is a company based in New York...that would trump an Oregon company. Polaris would be another who could trump Brammo...so perhaps Brammo should work fast?

Still...Brammo has the tech, the team, the know-how...and now the space with the huge facility in Talent.

The question is: does Brammo have the desire? And would this project take time and effort away from making motorcycles?

Gavin

flar

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2014, 08:13:06 PM »
Could they simply create an attachment mechanism that lets them replace the horse with an Enertia or Empulse?  No design required...
Current bikes: 2013 Brammo Empulse R, 2005 BMW R1200RT
Prior bikes: 1988 Honda Hawk GT, 1997 BMW F650

flar

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2014, 08:14:05 PM »
BTW, the pictures don't show for me and the middle one is replaced with a warning to visit the site to see the images...
Current bikes: 2013 Brammo Empulse R, 2005 BMW R1200RT
Prior bikes: 1988 Honda Hawk GT, 1997 BMW F650

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2014, 11:13:56 AM »
Grrrr, I hate when that happens...will fix.

As for using current carts with motorcycles...it would lose the charm and old time flavor.

Gavin

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2014, 07:12:45 PM »
http://gas2.org/2014/01/02/vintage-electric-cars-replace-central-parks-horse-carriages/

Brammo twitted this link...so maybe they are thinking about it?

G