Author Topic: Enertia Plus announcement  (Read 8515 times)

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
Re: Enertia Plus announcement
« Reply #15 on: February 29, 2012, 11:24:55 PM »
Any release date details for the plus?

June

Gavin

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #16 on: February 29, 2012, 11:41:01 PM »
Now the downside.

Price difference to Zero S is only 500 bucks.

For that 500 bucks the Zero has belt vs chain, 2 seats and a higher top speed. The Plus will get slightly better range.

So the Plus might not do as well in the States. Should do great in Europe and Asian though.

Maybe Brammo is focusing on the Empulse for the US market. Probably will keep a large portion of the Enertias and Pluses across the pond.

I still prefer the style of the Enertia...and the company has been great to me...but, honestly, I would pay 500 bucks more, easily, if the Plus could carry 2, had a belt and did 75 mph.

Still I plan to get a Plus and will love it...but the competition here in the states will be pretty tough. At the lower price point Brammo had Zero beat...at the current price it will be about dealerships and word of mouth and style choices.

Gavin

EmpulseRider

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: February 29, 2012, 11:58:20 PM »
Yeah the 2k price increase would be much easier to swallow if the federal rebate still existed... who knows, it may be back in time to claim it on taxes next year. For the same reason I really hope they dont plan to increase the price of the Empulse beyond 14k... its already 3500 more than I had originally planned to spend because I was looking at the 12k 8.0 originally with the fed rebate... the wife is already uneasy about the 14k I would plop down on a 10.0. Would be a no go for me (and her) without the CO tax rebate for sure.

FreepZ

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Empulse Experience
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: February 29, 2012, 11:59:13 PM »
It looks like Brammo didn't want to upset Miss Leap Year. :P

Ok...the universe has given Brammo an extra day to get some February news out...I am hoping for a Leap Day miracle....

If not, Miss Leap Year will not be pleased

Gavin

I was just looking for a reason to use that photo

Thanks for the info, Gavin!
Richard #935 #595 #44

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #19 on: February 29, 2012, 11:59:41 PM »
The MSRP of the 2012 Enertia Plus is now $10,995 – and can be financed for as little as $220 per month subject to credit approval.

Hmmm, ok rough math time.

11000 price...minus 1000 deposit...

So let's say 10000....yes tax and such will bump that up...

But to finance 10000 and get 220 a month payments Brammo seems to expect loans to be for 48 months at 2.99 percent.

Gavin

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2012, 12:05:42 AM »

Not on this image, but wasn't there talk at one time of a center stand?

Gavin

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2012, 12:11:42 AM »
Last comment...then off to bed....

Brammo needs to update the prices on their website.... :)

Gavin

protomech

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2012, 12:46:40 AM »
Now the downside.

Price difference to Zero S is only 500 bucks.

For that 500 bucks the Zero has belt vs chain, 2 seats and a higher top speed. The Plus will get slightly better range.
Looks like the Zero ZF6 is lighter, fair bit more power. We'll see about range - I think the battery pack on the Enertia Plus is 6.2 kwh, the ZF6 is 5.3 kwh.

I think top speed on the Enertia will be prove to be right around 70 mph.

Will be interesting to see how Brammo spins the price bump over the Enertia. I think it's fair to say we will not see a $14k Empulse 10.

I don't think the EP is overpriced, it is a big step up from the Enertia. Brammo continuing to sell the Enertia at a lower price point makes more sense now - wonder if it will get the Perm 126 too. But the EP is no longer the clear choice over the Zero it would have been at $9k.

Very encouraging to see final specs, pricing, and a shipping date that has an actual month attached to it. Let's hope they can do the same with the Empulse soon.
1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/

ttxgpfan

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2012, 03:30:02 AM »
Upgraded Motor - Although the power level remains the same, the actively air-cooled permanent magnet AC motor features greater efficiency which reduces the heat generated, allowing more performance to be pulled out of the bike before it reaches its thermal limit.

New forged Triple Clamp with much improved steering lock and slightly modified geometry and ergonomics. Reduced trail, plus the increased lock makes for a dramatic improvement to low-speed maneuverability without sacrificing stability at speed. Handle bar position is roughly 1" higher and 1" back towards the rider which was unanimously judged to be more comfortable for a variety of rider sizes.

New Cast Aluminum Headlamp Brackets clean up the aesthetic of the front end and make servicing parts in that assembly much easier. The brackets also reposition the dash closer to the triple clamp and change the angle slightly. The new brackets were designed to accept accessories like the optional windscreen with a simple bolt-on kit.

Can't wait to see these improvements...all of these are areas I wanted improved...

Gavin

I think the bike I rode at Miller back in September had all those improvements.  One of the things I tested with the bike was seriously low speed maneuverability.  It's Aces in my book.  Not that that means much, mind you.  Either way, I think you will be very happy.

ttxgpfan

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2012, 03:39:22 AM »
I think the thing you all are missing is the difference in quality between the Enertia and the Zero S.  The Enertia I rode back in September has to have the most solid feeling front end I have ever felt.  And the quality of all the switch gear would make some Hondas start to look a little cheap.  I cannot vouch for the Zero, but I think the extra $500 is in high quality parts, build, and over all product.  In other words I suspect you will get what you pay for.

craigq

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2012, 07:10:22 AM »
Hmmm, sent as Enertia Plus Pre-order confirmation...so maybe only sent to plus customers...

I didn't get an email either, and I'm in as Plus pre-order. Maybe it's only sent to USA pre-orders ?

protomech

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2012, 08:03:26 AM »
I cannot vouch for the Zero, but I think the extra $500 is in high quality parts, build, and over all product.  In other words I suspect you will get what you pay for.

The extra $500 .. in the Zero?

One thing to note, Gavin, is the passenger pegs on the Zero are an extra $250. Definitely nice to have the option, but it does increase the price delta if you are comparing a one-rider Enertia vs a two-rider Zero S.

If I was looking at a bike for use on the highway much or with a passenger, I would want the bigger battery Zero. The ZF6 S has about 29 miles of 70 mph range. I suspect many people that decide on the Zero for those two features will end up up-selling themselves to the ZF9. Right now (er, in June) Brammo doesn't offer a two-up or a safe freeway bike.

But let's check back in a month..
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 08:28:34 AM by protomech »
1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2012, 10:59:50 AM »
I didn't get an email either, and I'm in as Plus pre-order. Maybe it's only sent to USA pre-orders ?

Probably...Brammo will likely have different release dates around the world and each area gets it's own timeframe and confirmation email.

One thing to note, Gavin, is the passenger pegs on the Zero are an extra $250. Definitely nice to have the option, but it does increase the price delta if you are comparing a one-rider Enertia vs a two-rider Zero S.

If I was looking at a bike for use on the highway much or with a passenger, I would want the bigger battery Zero. The ZF6 S has about 29 miles of 70 mph range. I suspect many people that decide on the Zero for those two features will end up up-selling themselves to the ZF9. Right now (er, in June) Brammo doesn't offer a two-up or a safe freeway bike.

But let's check back in a month..

Yeah, the Zero does still cost more, but not nearly as much as before.

Lots of thoughts running through my head...so I hope this post is somewhat coherent....

1) I still plan to buy the Plus...I was probably the first person to click through and confirm my order. I really like the Enertia and think the Plus addresses some issues and will improve an already very good bike into an excellent one.

2) A price increase does not surprise me...the amount does a bit. Telling people the price of the Enertia is easier at, "this one is about 8, for double the range is about 9 thousand" than "this one is 8, twice the range is 11 thousand." 11k sounds expensive.

I wish it had a price point of 9,999 as under 10k is important in peoples minds...but I understand. Quality and parts went up and dealerships will want some profit too...and Brammo is now in their third or fourth year...at a certain point a company needs to make some profit. And it's not like there is a lower priced electric motorcycle out right now to force Brammo to lower the price.

3) One concern is the Enertia Classic price. All the body improvements of the Plus are also going into the Enertia Classic, except the battery....Is the Brammo battery really that expensive? 3K for 3 kWh of battery? Or will the Enertia Classic also increase in price?

4) It does open up competition with Zero. At 9k I thought Brammo had a slam dunk vs Zero. The Enertia Plus would have been hands down the best choice as a city/ suburban commuter...by far.)

I like the Brammo style (clean, simple and not nearly as "cluttered") and of course Brammo has been very good to me (and while I would never buy a Zero product due to the way I view the company by the conduct of their staff---well I have never bad mouthed Zero as a bike to any person who asks me about electric motorcycles...in fact I always mention both Brammo and Zero as example of good bikes out on the market that people should look into)...but many people will like the Zero style and abilities.

But then I say again (and again and again)...competition is a good thing.

5) I'm 19 on the pre-order list and already confirmed my order...I expect I should be in the first batch of bikes released...so come June I will have lots of images and thoughts on the Plus vs the Enertia Classic :)

Of course I would have loved to get the Plus at 9 k...even 10k...but I can still pull the trigger at 11k...Just a bit worried that the cost will affect sales here in the states...not so much in Europe.

One mild concern is that Brammo could lower the cost soon after release...like they did with the original Enertia...again, not a big concern of mine...I'm a gamer...I know that if you want Mass Effect 3 on day 1 that you pay full price and that the price will be much lower after a few months...and truthfully if Brammo in 6 months can get the price under 10k I will be happy for them as I think that will help sales. People have a point in their heads...under 10K is affordable, over 10k is expensive...strange, but true.

More thoughts will come I'm sure...So far Brammo has not asked for their non refundable deposit...I likely won't send in any money till I've seen the Empulse as there is a slight chance I could "move up" to that model once I've seen the final production version...but unlikely...I like the Enertia Plus style a lot.

It will be interesting to see numbers, if Brammo cares to share, of how many people go from pre-orders to confirmation to deposit to owners...

Gavin

« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 12:19:37 PM by Gavin »

Richard230

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2012, 11:00:11 AM »
Just a comment about Zero prices.  My Zero S ZF9 sold with an out-the-door price (in California), which included 8.25% sales tax, licensing fee, document fee and a Zero windshield, of exactly $16,000.  California gives you back (as long as the money holds out) $900 for any current model street-legal EV - which is something, but at that price range, not a major consideration. My thinking is that Brammo could undercut that price with the Empulse with careful parts selection. Plus, their assembly cost is likely lower in Europe, than Zero pays for labor costs in Santa Cruz.  On the other hand, the Zero doesn't look like it takes a lot of labor to assemble.

Most of the Zero parts (such as the suspension) appear to be very high quality. The individual parts look and are assembled better than the parts on either of my two BMWs. Where the Zero falls down is the quality of the paint and decals on their plastic parts, particularly the "tank" and tail assemblies.  Also, the battery box is pretty blah. Just a black plastic box.  It won't win any styling awards, but the bike is easy to clean - if that is something that you like to do.    ;)
current bikes: 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2011 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Classic, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2007 BMW R1200R, 2005 Triumph T-100 Bonneville, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2012, 11:48:11 AM »
yeah, i think Brammo will keep the Empulse NEAR 14k...

I also think the Empulse will be a big winner in the electric motorcycle segment here in the States...and I think the Enertia and Plus will be big winners in the electric motorcycle segment in Europe. Whether the Enertia does as well in the States...well time will tell.

It will be interesting to see....1) I think the Empulse will drink the Zero S's milkshake here in the States when it comes out...but
2) the Zero S could drink the Enertia and Plus's milkshake here in the States...and
3) the Zero S could do better in Europe than the Empulse (though I think the Empulse could do well in Japan)...But
4) The Enertia and Plus will do better than either the Zero or the Empulse in Europe...

of course this is all just guesses....

As I said, competition is good...Zero doing well will help Brammo customers and Brammo doing well will help Zero customers...and that is important because when Honda comes along it will get real crazy...

Gavin