Author Topic: Enertia Plus in June????  (Read 6714 times)

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
Re: Enertia Plus in June????
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2011, 12:53:36 PM »
A) I bought my Enertia when I knew a newer model would eventually replace it, but it did meet my immediate commuting needs. Once a new model is available, sell your Enertia for the Enertia Plus.

B) Sell her on the idea.

c) Paint :)

D & E) It could happen, but why wait for a possible outcome?

A) I'm a computer guy...i know a newer model will come and be better...I just have to assess the cost vs benefit (in computers we say, if you need it-buy it. if you don't, wait, something better will be along very soon.)

Now I don't NEED anything...but I do WANT. I have 2 bicycles, 2 scooters and a car...many more vehicles than I need...and the car is my first car since May of 2005. So I have an abundance of rides.
On top of that, it is summer. I will be commuting on my road bike till early-mid September.
So waiting till September is easy...kinda :)
Now if I knew for sure the Plus wasn't coming till summer of 2012...or even late spring of 2012, well I could see buying. But if the Plus comes in Sept, well that is perfect. I will just be putting away the bike as my commuter ---i don't ride in the dark or cold on my bicycle--And my birthday is in Sept, so double win.
If the Plus comes in Oct, cool... Nov...good ....Dec...waaaaa, but so be it. Later than that and I probably should have bought the Enertia...but again I am waiting as I don't need a Brammo, just hella WANT a Brammo :)

B) Actually my wife is great...She knows I'm basically a knucklehead with my money (borderline communist in that I don't really believe in money, so spending all I have is no big issue) but she also says, "hey it's your money, you want to be a knucklehead, go right ahead." She might give me a bit of grief if I buy the Enertia and then trade for the Plus in 6-9 months, but mostly because I want the Plus but didn't wait for the Plus...she would see that as silly and maybe a bit weak.

C) Paint...gah...I see the mess already...Now that would upset my wife more than buying basically the same bike twice in one year :)

D and E)...well I am still hoping for D, the Plus coming late summer or early Fall. I see no real reason for the Plus not to come late summer, early fall...but who knows. Electric vehicles are notorious for being delayed or just outright vaporware. I don't see either as huge issues so far with Brammo, but...
Still the Plus is not a huge change from the standard Enertia. It "should" be a powercycle Brammo brings to market fairly easily...but who knows?

...E will not be happening, but it is a fun daydream.

I would love an email or private message that said, "Hey G, no bikes till 2012"....or "Hey G, your bike in Sept"...that would make my life a bit easier...but in truth my life is kinda fine now. I hate waiting because I hate waiting, no other reason :)   Perhaps Brammo was put on this Earth to teach me Patience.

Lordy, I thought I had enough of that with my Aptera deposit for over 2 years....but perhaps the great Buddha believes I need more testing.

Gavin

« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 01:00:37 PM by Gavin »

WanderLust

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2011, 12:41:47 PM »
Lordy, I thought I had enough of that with my Aptera deposit for over 2 years....but perhaps the great Buddha believes I need more testing.

That makes at least two of us...
I "test drove" the Enertia when I was in So-Cal late last month...
It is "sufficient" and I'm struggling with the same decisions as you, buy now, upgrade to the Empulse when that's out next year...Since I have a rather low number, and I'm hoping a lot more people feel weak and get the plus I may actually get the Empulse when it's out "summer 2012". Or just suck it up and wait...
I'm prolly going to suck it up and wait, 'cause all my cash is tied up in a major remodel... Gives me time to droll, learn to be patient and save up for the top of the line Empulse :D
For now, this new pic of me on the enertia will have to do :D

CBke

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2012, 05:42:20 PM »
On the "pre order" page for the Enertia+ on the Brammo site: http://brammo.com/store/Enertia_Plus_True_Blood_Red/ you can read: "Available Mid 2011"...
Page has been changed to " Available Late 2011" ....

Another change on this page.... no more date.....
CBke

FreepZ

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Empulse Experience
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2012, 10:32:20 PM »
Another change on this page.... no more date.....

Perhaps that's something driven by Peter, Brammo's new Web Media guy. He could be reviewing the website, fixing misinformation, and generally ensuring that it's up to date. Or it could be something that Brammo had changed a while ago, and nobody noticed until now!

Looking through the website again, I just noticed this section:
http://www.brammo.com/green/
It's a cute little set of pages that tell you the benefits of going electric.
Richard #935 #595 #44

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2012, 05:22:45 PM »
Looking through the website again, I just noticed this section:
http://www.brammo.com/green/
It's a cute little set of pages that tell you the benefits of going electric.

That's been there for a while.
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

protomech

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2012, 06:53:32 PM »
Yes. June 2012 not June 2011 ; )
1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2012, 10:58:47 AM »
Either way I would love a Plus or SMS ASAP....2012 is soooooo far away....

Wow...it was kinda fun to re-read this thread...I guess 2012 isn't soooooo far away anymore...

Gavin

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2012, 11:06:15 AM »
I would love an email or private message that said, "Hey G, no bikes till 2012"....or "Hey G, your bike in Sept"...that would make my life a bit easier...but in truth my life is kinda fine now. I hate waiting because I hate waiting, no other reason :)   Perhaps Brammo was put on this Earth to teach me Patience.

I probably need to re-read that sentence about 80 times a day....

Gavin