Author Topic: Some Questions about the Enertia Plus...post newsletter  (Read 1334 times)

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
Some Questions about the Enertia Plus...post newsletter
« on: March 06, 2012, 01:41:21 PM »
Upgraded Motor - Although the power level remains the same, the actively air-cooled permanent magnet AC motor features greater efficiency which reduces the heat generated, allowing more performance to be pulled out of the bike before it reaches its thermal limit.

Ok...everybody knows I'm not a fan of the fan. So the question is....with the new motor how much longer can the bike ride before the fan comes on? And is the "fan on" temperature changed? Is the thermal limit higher?

Right now the fan comes on at 159 degrees. I would love to see that number be higher.

New forged Triple Clamp with much improved steering lock and slightly modified geometry and ergonomics. Reduced trail, plus the increased lock makes for a dramatic improvement to low-speed maneuverability without sacrificing stability at speed. Handle bar position is roughly 1" higher and 1" back towards the rider which was unanimously judged to be more comfortable for a variety of rider sizes.

I would love to see an image or video that compares the steering lock from the current Enertia to the Enertia Plus.

New Cast Aluminum Headlamp Brackets clean up the aesthetic of the front end and make servicing parts in that assembly much easier. The brackets also reposition the dash closer to the triple clamp and change the angle slightly. The new brackets were designed to accept accessories like the optional windscreen with a simple bolt-on kit.

Photos....Photos.

And getting the new accessories up on the store would be nice...center stand and windshield I'm looking at you (or I hope to be soon).

Gavin

Kelly Olsen

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Brammo Riders Of Southern California
    • Email
Re: Some Questions about the Enertia Plus...post newsletter
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2012, 06:27:29 PM »
Yes, I'm very interested in the fan issue as well.

As I've stated before, about 90% of the time I have been next to an Enertia V.1 the fan was running and it was a bit distracting and kind of flew in the face of one of the obvious advantages of an electric motor which is of course, lack of motor noise. However, maybe my experiences were just anomalies.

But having a fan that is on less or is quieter when it is on would be a welcome advancement to me.