Author Topic: TTXGP Promotional Video  (Read 585 times)

FreepZ

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Empulse Experience
    • Email
TTXGP Promotional Video
« on: March 08, 2012, 04:58:24 PM »
Enjoy!

Some observations:
  • This video has IET all over it. I assume that's The Institution of Engineering and Technology, rather than the Integrated Electric Transmission from SMRE.
  • The end of the video says "TTXGP Returns 2010", so I guess it's at least a year old, but I've never seen it before.
  • The quote "No great discovery was ever made without a bold guess" was attributed twice. Once to Newton (0:38), and again to Faraday (4:38). (The Internets say that was a Newton quote.)
Richard #935 #595 #44

Kelly Olsen

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Brammo Riders Of Southern California
    • Email
Re: TTXGP Promotional Video
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2012, 07:59:34 PM »
Very cool video. If you ever get the chance to see the movie, "Charge," you should. It is all about the Isle of Man e-bike race in 2009.

I saw it a few weeks ago and met the director. Really well done. Keep your eyes out for it.

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Re: TTXGP Promotional Video
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2012, 12:42:58 PM »
I own a copy of that very fine movie. It's directed by Mark Neale, who also directed "Faster" and more recently, "Fastest," about MotoGP racing.
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

FreepZ

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Empulse Experience
    • Email
Re: TTXGP Promotional Video
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2012, 02:35:23 PM »
Hmm... I was wondering where that came from...

At 0:58 of the Charge trailer there is a group of guys talking about wanting to see "Hard men race hard motorbikes..."

That same quote is at the end (6:09) of this video:

And here's another trailer for Charge.

Richard #935 #595 #44

Kelly Olsen

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Brammo Riders Of Southern California
    • Email
Re: Re: TTXGP Promotional Video
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2012, 05:35:11 PM »
I own a copy of that very fine movie. It's directed by Mark Neale, who also directed "Faster" and more recently, "Fastest," about MotoGP racing.

I got pre-release copy from Mark when we were at Hollywood Electrics after a screening at the DGA last month. He is still looking at getting distribution in theaters, but you can get it from his website right now at:

http://chargemovie.com/buy_now.html

Really good film about electric racing with very interesting people. Also shows the extreme hazards of racing on two wheels. Get a copy and see for yourself.