Author Topic: New Enertia Plus Gallery on Brammo's Google Plus Page  (Read 4853 times)

Richard230

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
Re: New Enertia Plus Gallery on Brammo's Google Plus Page
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2012, 10:29:53 AM »
One thing I appreciate about Brammo is that they are selecting top-quality suspension components for their models. The shock and forks on my Zero are made by Fast Ace, a Taiwanese manufacturer (I believe). While they are fully adjustable and light, they seemed to have been designed for the mini-motocross crowd and I am not overly impressed with their performance on the street. No doubt they are cheap and light, though.

Also, while the Hayes (an American company) brake components on the Zero are OK, they are not Brembo quality, do not function as well and are not supported by the aftermarket (such for brake pads) to anywhere near the extent as Brembo.

I just wanted to give Brammo a pat on the back for not cutting corners on their chassis components.
current bikes: 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2011 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Classic, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2007 BMW R1200R, 2005 Triumph T-100 Bonneville, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

protomech

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2012, 02:16:39 PM »
Brammo first targeted the Enertia at $12k, and specced the components accordingly.
Zero first targeted the Zero X at $7500 back in 2008 and specced its components accordingly. The 2009 S was their first street bike ($10k), and many of the non-powertrain components are either identical or have been only mildly tweaked as the 2009 evolved into the 2012 bikes.

Was the bike Wired tested a week or two back a full production-intent Enertia Plus?
1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/

BrammoBrian

• Obsessive Empulsive
  • Brammovangelist
  • Director of Product Development - Brammo, Inc.
    • View Profile
    • BRAMMO
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2012, 08:23:35 AM »
THANKS...thought we had lost you there...but taxes will do that to you..
good info...can't wait...
have we established a top speed yet?
Gavin

I think we've pretty much settled on 65 mph as the "official" top speed.  Most riders should be able to slightly exceed this.  The bike pulls like a freight train from 30 to the top speed.  Power will be rated around 22 hp officially. 

No mixy-matchy body panels planned... :(

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2012, 09:36:06 AM »
Thanks Brian....

I can always paint the mesh area...and that way I can do whatever color I want...

At the same time, it would have been nice to have it come like that "out of the box"...

Not a deal breaker, I was just wondering...seems a "fairly" easy step at the factory...but it is an extra step....

I could just buy two Pluses and mix and match the parts myself :)

Gavin

(wouldn't it be nice to be so rich you could do stuff like that?)