Author Topic: Merchandising, Merchandising / Investing  (Read 3020 times)

Durgenbold

Merchandising, Merchandising / Investing
« on: April 25, 2010, 10:02:25 AM »
Another happening around the fb fanpage:

Johannes Beuerle: Has Brammo any shirts or other merchandise articles to offer??

Chris Haddlesey: I'm sorry you haven't been helped yet (I asnwered like 36 hours later), I think this is a great question but unfortunately I think they don't have any sweet merch other than the bikes themselves...I can bring it up on brammoforum.com with the credit of the idea to you! The forum needs these kinds of ideas and we're really friendly towards anything! (Trust me, I'm usually the one who makes the suggestions out-there!)
-Durgenbold

Maybe Brammo is focused on direct marketing and production and the moment, but I know of a lot of people who would love an official shirt, even if it would only be the name/logo embroidered in the corner (you could write it off as the company uniform, though I don't think you have one and I respect that)!

Maybe there wouldn't really be enough of a demand for this kind of merchandising but I think it would be a great way for people like me to be able to buy into the company without making the commitment to a bike just yet (and they could be sold at the advertising stands as well).

Speaking of "buying into the company," is there any way I could invest in Brammo?

Investor Relations
Brammo Inc. is a privately held company. Please direct all queries to the CEO, Craig Bramscher (cbramscher at brammo.com). Thank you.

So I guess this means that Brammo won't be running around Wall Street just yet, but if there were a company I would put $100 into it would be you guys for sure. Brammo needs the support to grow into the big company it deserves to be (and most likely will, with all the promising talk of e-bikes coming around!) Would I have to rub elbows with the man himself to buy into the company?

I guess these are big questions for a 17-year-old  ::) It'd be cool to at least talk about it!

BrammoBrian

• Obsessive Empulsive
  • Brammovangelist
  • Director of Product Development - Brammo, Inc.
    • View Profile
    • BRAMMO
    • Email
Re: Merchandising, Merchandising / Investing
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2010, 10:18:27 AM »
Thanks for the suggestions and enthusiasm!  I agree completely about the need for "Brammo Gear" and we're working on it!  Here's a sneak peak of a "casual" riding jacket we've just had prototyped.  It's a soft shell jacket using fabric made from recycled soda bottles (very cool).  We're still adjusting minor details, but all-in-all I think it'll be a nice bit of kit. There is some really nice detailing on the back as well... I'll try to get some more photos. Let us know what you think.

Jacket modeled by Brammo Mechanical Engineering Manager, Aaron Bland. Photos by Brian's iPhone.

We're also working on a hat featuring the new bull's head logo and a T-shirt as well.  We'll make sure this group is the first to know when they're available.  As for investing... trust me, you'll be wishing you had that $100 when you go off to college! ;)  How's this idea for investing? - Start up your own "Brammo Enertia Savings Fund" so you can buy one of the bikes!  

« Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 11:37:45 AM by BrammoBrian »

Durgenbold

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2010, 10:46:40 AM »
The jacket looks amazing, reminds me of the Stoic Bombshell: http://stoicgear.com/home/mens-apparel/mens-jackets/bombshell-jacket-mens/

Though I'm sure this would be under $200  ;) And I don't love the dissymmetry of the Stoic Gear. (Make one in orange and I'm sold!)

Anyway, thanks for all of your enthusiasm! Your prevalence and helpfulness in the forums is a huge part of what makes this website great. Thank you for being so supportive to your fans!  :)

Durgenbold

Found some clothes :O
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2010, 08:51:43 PM »
Going through the Media section of the site, I came across some pictures of people wearing Brammo-branded clothing! Here's a pretty good example of one of them: http://brammoforum.com/index.php?action=media;sa=item;in=42

If all of this clothing has been materialized, how far in the future do you think it'll be made available? Thanks!

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2010, 09:07:26 PM »
Are you looking to buy the Brammo tube-top and skirt, or the t-shirt? ;D
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

Durgenbold

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2010, 07:52:10 AM »
I wouldn't mind a shirt and boxer combo  8)

BrammoBrian

• Obsessive Empulsive
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • BRAMMO
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2010, 08:53:02 AM »
You know what's funny?... I don't even have one of those Brammo shirts!  Those were printed by the JCAM (Jackie Chan Advanced Mobility) group for the Hong Kong debut of the Enertia at last year's international motorcycle show.  Seriously though, you'll see some Brammo gear, including hats, t-shirts, and jackets available in the very near future.  Keep the suggestions coming on what other items you might be interested in... Brammo socks, anyone?  ;)

skadamo

• Administrator
  • Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
    • Plug Bike
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2010, 03:05:11 PM »
I want a wall socket cover plate with a brammo badge on it. :D

Durgenbold

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2010, 04:37:01 PM »
(I've moved all this stuff to my new off-topic thread, "Other cool brands worth knowing about" because I got a little too into it and strayed from the real subject)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 03:48:18 PM by Durgenbold »

enertia-ette

• Empulse Guru
  • My Enertia, Dorothy
    • View Profile
    • Motorcycle Travel America
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2010, 12:43:20 AM »
I WANT ONE!! I WANT ONE NOW!! Too much?? Sorry...
Im still saving for my saddle bags!
I would love to see some riding wear. That is a fabuous idea...and recycled soda bottles? Can it get any better? If I save my soda bottles, can I have one??  ::)

BrammoBrian

• Obsessive Empulsive
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • BRAMMO
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2010, 08:58:42 AM »
What do you think the price point should be?  It's a little difficult for us to offer a custom jacket like this at the same prices the big guys do at huge volumes, but we'd like to make it as appealing as possible from a pricing standpoint.  So... let me know what you think you'd be willing to pay...

Durgenbold

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2010, 11:49:32 PM »
If you can't imagine riding down the open road without a motorcycle jacket, there are several non-leather options. NoBull Jackets, a derivative of Pangea Vegan Products, makes a unisex Harley jacket ($129.95) and men's and women's business-suit style jackets made of pleather ($119.95). Competition Accessories sells nylon and synthetic blend motorcycle jackets that come with red, yellow or green highlights ($151 to $269) and pants that match ($164 to $179).
http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1594/is_5_13/ai_99118818/

I'd be willing to shell out an extra $120-$150 after I finally get an Enertia (or before just to look cool)!

Would you back these jackets for their safety? I mean you ride in it a lot it seems. That article I quoted has some beef with these new-fangled materials but I think since it's all recycled it has that green-edge to it that helps a lot.

Now if only you'd sell them in orange!  8)

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2010, 12:19:57 PM »
Hiya Durg  -- I saw these jackets last weekend and they are really cool.  None for sale (yet), much to my dismay.  I don't think I'd probably wear one while riding, because I would want the CE armor protection in the shoulders, elbows and back.  But for hanging out and looking cool, they were definitely great looking jackets.

Kelly Olsen

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Brammo Riders Of Southern California
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2010, 03:49:16 PM »
Definitely tee-shirts and hats.

American Apparel sells blank tee-shirts that are organic cotton. I'm certain others do as well. I had these made up for a client of mine. I sent them to a printer that used non-toxic water based inks. I bet that many sellers of shirts have access to the same shirts.

But should use non-child labor, American made, most earth friendly materials as possible to fit in with the e-bike image (as I see you are already thinking with the jackets made from recycled bottles.)

As far as price point I think these should be as close to cost as possible. Better to have them out and worn and seen and the less they cost the easier it is for people to buy them and wear them. Should be thinking in terms of them being billboards, not a money making item at this point.

Cover costs and get them out there on the streets.

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2010, 03:58:14 PM »
Seriously.  Two questions:

Who here, besides the Brammo people, owns any Brammo-branded merchandise?

(I predict crickets chirping).

Who here would buy some Brammo-branded merchandise?

(Cue the peasants with pitchforks and torches)