Author Topic: New Enertia Plus Gallery on Brammo's Google Plus Page  (Read 4852 times)

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: New Enertia Plus Gallery on Brammo's Google Plus Page
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2012, 11:31:17 PM »
Hmmm. Still works for me.
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2012, 12:20:20 AM »
Me too...

So Brian, what can you tell us about these photos...and changes?

We know about the turn signals...very nice.

And the mirrors.

But what about the new shock?

And the new headlight bracket?

And possible horn placement change?

And maybe some info about changes I haven't hit upon yet?

Thanks

Gavin

And will there be a center stand option? I have told myself I will be more diligent in cleaning and lubing the chain...but is a pain without raising the rear wheel....I know because I gave it a real good cleaning today...would have much faster with the wheel up and spinning...

protomech

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2012, 12:42:30 AM »
When I try the link:
403. That’s an error.
We're sorry, but you do not have access to this document. That’s all we know.

Did see the photos on facebook. Looking good!
1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/

Vibetrippin

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2012, 09:07:08 AM »
Protomech,

You think that after buying a Zero that Google is going to let you look at the pretty Brammo pictures?  ;D

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2012, 11:00:01 AM »

There is still the "hole" in the front body for the horn...but it looks empty in this image...

will be interesting to hear if the horn moved or not...and if yes, what about that hole? more air flow?

Gavin

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2012, 11:08:48 AM »
I looked closer at the "horn hanging down?" shot, and I think it's an illusion.  It seems to be mounted firmly to the bottom of the triple clamp, but some surface is reflecting and it looks like the white background... with a wire dangling to the horn.  I seriously doubt they'd do that for a studio shot. 

As for this:
There is still the "hole" in the front body for the horn...but it looks empty in this image...
will be interesting to hear if the horn moved or not...and if yes, what about that hole? more air flow?

Great observation... I hope we get some answers because my powers of divination aren't helping me with this one.
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

Phantom

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2012, 11:10:36 AM »
ignore the purple jellyfish...seems that most photos of the enertia show a black sprocket...mine is more gold

When my rear sprocket was new, it was black. It is now more of a bronze color. There was a theory posted in this forum that it was due to an Enertia being parked in the sun a lot. It was brought up when a forum member in CA was selling his Enertia. It is not due to poor maintenance, IMO.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 01:29:59 PM by Phantom »

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2012, 10:58:06 PM »
New info at Brammo.com, or has this been around awhile?

Enertia Plus...
Suspension - Rear:   Works Performance hydraulic with pre-load and rebound damping adjustment. 5.0" / 12.75 cm of suspension travel.

Gavin

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2012, 11:24:11 PM »
Each Works shock is built to order based on riders weight, specific length requirements, chassis geometry and intended use. We have no "one size fits all" shock. For over 3 decades that's been the Works philosophy: shocks custom built to order.

Mmmmm, maybe when Brammo asks for the deposit they will also ask for my weight?

Probably not :).

Perhaps Works now makes a more standard shock...though I guess "custom" for Brammo vs custom for each rider...

But if anybody asks...180 pounds...6 feet tall...street use mostly with a few trails thrown in here and there.

Though I should be back to my summer weight of 170 once I start riding my bicycle to work in a month or two...

Gavin

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2012, 11:31:32 PM »
http://www.worksperformance.com/pdf/app_guide/street.pdf

Wholly crap...shocks are expensive....

Gavin

craigq

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2012, 04:03:37 AM »
New info at Brammo.com, or has this been around awhile?

Enertia Plus...
Suspension - Rear:   Works Performance hydraulic with pre-load and rebound damping adjustment. 5.0" / 12.75 cm of suspension travel.

Gavin

Yes, and you type so much you're not reading other people's posts  :P  ;D
http://brammoforum.com/index.php?topic=1113.msg7557#msg7557

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2012, 07:52:25 AM »
Sigh...guilty as charged... 

G

Richard230

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2012, 09:52:10 AM »
http://www.worksperformance.com/pdf/app_guide/street.pdf

Wholly crap...shocks are expensive....

Gavin

If you think those shocks are expensive, you should check out the OEM price of the shocks on my BMW R1200R, with its electronically adjustable (for preload and rebound) suspension.  The rear shock sells for something like $2500 and the front shock goes for some $1500. Ohlins has just come out with replacement shocks for my bike and they are even more expensive, according to reports.   :o
current bikes: 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2011 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Classic, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2007 BMW R1200R, 2005 Triumph T-100 Bonneville, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

BrammoBrian

• Obsessive Empulsive
  • Brammovangelist
  • Director of Product Development - Brammo, Inc.
    • View Profile
    • BRAMMO
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2012, 11:24:33 PM »
So Brian, what can you tell us about these photos...and changes?
We know about the turn signals...very nice.
And the mirrors.
But what about the new shock?
And the new headlight bracket?
And possible horn placement change?
And maybe some info about changes I haven't hit upon yet?
Thanks
Gavin
And will there be a center stand option? I have told myself I will be more diligent in cleaning and lubing the chain...but is a pain without raising the rear wheel....I know because I gave it a real good cleaning today...would have much faster with the wheel up and spinning...

Sorry for the delay… I was working on taxes this weekend.  (Ughhh….)

The photos are of one of our FVP (Final Validation Prototype) of the Enertia Plus.  i.e. a bike that represents “full production” in equipment and build specification.  The stunning “True Blood” Red paint is straight off the production paint line in Hungary, and I’m really impressed with the quality in person.

The new shock is a custom unit from Works Performance and while less adjustable than the Elka it replaces, offers a better base line set-up and improved damping performance.  The spring rate is just a little bit higher, and the damping a bit more progressive.  The heavier riders will appreciate the improvement the most.   

New headlight bracket is forged aluminum and is also featured on the base Enertias being assembled today with Flextronics.  It incorporates a slightly revised dash position as well as threaded mounting bosses for the optional windscreen accessory.   Besides looking much nicer, the new brackets speed up the assembly process for the front end and make service to the dash or headlamp a breeze.

Ah, yes – the horn.  I did concede that the horn be moved outside the bodywork.  Function trumps Form as we need to make sure the horn meets EU dBA requirements.  It is also a new horn model from a new supplier.  Very loud.  I think the boys did a great job keeping it from becoming too much of an eye sore. 

Yes, there will be a center stand option as well.  The bikes will also ship with O-ring chain, which will reduce the chain stretch seen on the non-O-ring chains. 

The “golding” of the rear sprocket is, as suggested, due to UV exposure discoloring on the black anodizing.   We have not determined why this particular part discolors so quickly, but it could have been a bad process for the anodizing itself.  It does not affect the function of the part, just doesn’t look as pretty.  The supplier has been changed, so we do not expect to see that problem with the newer bikes or the Plus.

I’ve had the opportunity to ride the Plus several times now and even take it home overnight.  I’m really proud of the improvements made to the bike overall and blown away by the performance we’re now able to achieve.   

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2012, 01:26:33 AM »
THANKS...thought we had lost you there...but taxes will do that to you..

good info...can't wait...

have we established a top speed yet?

and can we mix and match? example...i want a black tank and blue mesh...actually I want a clear body Enertia Plus and a clear body side car with 3 battery packs (6.2 in bike and 9.3 in side car)...but that is much less likely to happen than having tank and mesh be different colors.

:)

Gavin