Author Topic: The place for April 2012 news  (Read 1298 times)

FreepZ

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Empulse Experience
    • Email
The place for April 2012 news
« on: April 02, 2012, 01:07:53 AM »
This should be a big month for the Empulse.

I was told that the final specs would be released for the Empulse in April, and in response to an Empulse question of Facebook, Brammo posted this on the 2nd of April:
"You can expect to hear news this week...."

Hopefully the specs will be so awesome that we'll all be clamoring to get one, and the folks that went ahead and bought Zeros will be kicking themselves. :P
Richard #935 #595 #44

protomech

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
Re: The place for April 2012 news
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2012, 02:51:12 AM »
Good catch on the update.
https://www.facebook.com/BrammoInc/posts/10150612421390443

Substantive Empulse news this week would be fantastic.

I'm going to pretend I won't be kicking myself anyhow - I'll console myself with selection-bias bullshit like I need a commuter bike instead of a sportbike, and think how quiet the belt drive is, and who knows what the IET durability looks like. We'll see when final specs are released, but I think we'll see a range vs speed vs price tradeoff between the Zero and the Empulse without a clear on-paper winner - just as we do with Zero S vs Enertia Plus.

Ignoring price and specifications, the Zero is a great commuter bike but the design is not sexy to me. The Empulse concept is. I'll definitely be jealous of Empulse deliveries but I'm going to try not to be regretful : P
1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/

Richard230

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2012, 09:43:42 AM »
I am thinking that the Zero and the Empulse, or Plus for that matter, are not going to be directly comparable with each other.  While the closest match might be the ZF6 Zero S and the Plus, they still are not really butting heads. I think the market will be able to absorb both brands and the customer will be able to select the model, style and performance that fits their needs, as they travel up the price range.

It may also depend upon the number and location of the two brands' dealer outlets. As I see it, there are a very limited number of customers within a geographical area who are in the market for an expensive electric motorcycle, with limited range and performance, at a premium price. The more dealers a brand has, the more likely they are to satisfy this limited demand within each market area.

Whatever happens it is going to be fun for anyone interested in the marketing of electric motorcycles, such as me.   :)
current bikes: 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2011 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Classic, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2007 BMW R1200R, 2005 Triumph T-100 Bonneville, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2012, 10:33:28 AM »
Brammo: You can expect to hear Empulse news this week....

Yea.....

nothing else to add :)

Gavin

EmpulseRider

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2012, 11:31:48 AM »
I dont think anyone is going to regret a 2012 Zero purchase on account of the Empulse... they are different bikes entirely, are they not? The Zeros are very much supermotard while the Empulse will be a sportbike. Now those that bought a Zero because the Empulse wasnt available MAY regret the fact that they possibly made a compromise. If you like Zero's supermotard style, then buy one, like sportbikes, wait for the Empulse. I would love to have both the DS and an Empulse, but my budget (wife) would not allow it.

FreepZ

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Empulse Experience
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2012, 12:21:24 PM »
I don't really expect the Zero buyers to regret their purchase either. The people on this forum who have bought a Zero seem very happy with them, and they are able to ride them right now, while the rest of us still have a long wait (I don't expect mine until at least October! :'()

I do, however, hope that the Empulse is so amazingly awesome that they do regret it. Of course, it would have to be pretty darn awesome. But that's what I'm hoping for. You know... awesomeness. In great huge quantities. Dripping and oozing all over the floor. I'll stop typing now before I say anything else too crazy. (Can you tell I've been waiting long while for my Empulse?)
Richard #935 #595 #44

EmpulseRider

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2012, 03:23:25 PM »
Crag Bramscher tweeted a while back IWBWTW (It Will Be Worth The Wait). Judging by how long we all have been waiting, the Empulse should be absolutely EPIC. They are aiming for motorcycle of the year! I dont think we will be disappointed... motorcycle of the year, imagine that!  ;D

Deadly Silent Ninja

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2012, 04:58:19 PM »
... motorcycle of the year, imagine that!  Grin
Nope, I am not imagining that, I am riding that! 8)

Richard230

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2012, 05:00:00 PM »
I don't doubt that the Empulse could be in the running for the MOY award, but I do wonder at what cost. All of that technology, premium chassis components and quality design and construction is not going to be cheap.   ???
current bikes: 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2011 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Classic, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2007 BMW R1200R, 2005 Triumph T-100 Bonneville, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

FreepZ

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Empulse Experience
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2012, 06:51:33 AM »
Looking back at the facebook messages that said that there would be news this week, I realize something:

https://www.facebook.com/BrammoInc/posts/10150612421390443
Buzz SanchezBrammo - March 28 at 9:08am
Do you guys have any recent updates on the release of the Empulse? Have had an email in quite a while.......I am sure we could all use an update.
Brammo - April 1 at 1:48pm
You can expect to hear Empulse news this week....

http://www.facebook.com/BrammoInc?filter=1
Brammo - March 31

Scott Young - April 1 at 2:47am
‎?
Scott Young - April 1 at 2:49am
What is the news on the Empulse 10.0 that I am on the waiting list for? Spring is here.
Brammo - April 1 at 1:41pm
Are you suggesting that we are keeping you in the dark ? ;-)You can expect to hear news this week....

They were both sent on April 1st. Could this have been an April's fool gag?
???
Richard #935 #595 #44

Phantom

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2012, 07:31:15 AM »
They were both sent on April 1st. Could this have been an April's fool gag?
???

I would hope not. It would only feed into the negative Brammo comments about lack of communication/information. Do you think someone spoofed Brammos facebook ID?

I am purposely not on Facebook for a variety of reasons.

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2012, 07:35:52 AM »
I'd definitely say not a joke. Maybe a slight miscalculation?
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

protomech

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2012, 08:48:18 AM »
Best of intentions combined with a low priority placed on customer communications. Business as usual? : /
1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/

Deadly Silent Ninja

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2012, 12:11:59 PM »
I think Phantom and protomech are onto something here. Brammo needs to invest in their communication department. They may believe that, once the Empulse is actually released, all will be forgiven, but I think they have already collected many people who won't even give it a chance just based on their communication antics. If they are not going to release any news, just don't lie to us saying they will.
There is something wrong with Brammo's strategic communication model and it will bite them in the rear tire if they don't fix it soon.

FreepZ

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Empulse Experience
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2012, 09:10:51 PM »
*Sigh*

This could be a perfect opportunity for Brammo's communication representative (Peter Anton?), or some other Brammo person (thespecialone, BrammoBrian?), to leap into the fray and put us all at ease with some truth. Even if it's to say that the Facebook comment was premature, or they goofed up, or that we should check out email boxes on Sunday or whatever.

I can only speculate that things are so crazy over at BHQ that nobody is even reading this forum any more, and that Ninja is right:
They may believe that, once the Empulse is actually released, all will be forgiven...

Yeah, I probably will forgive them, but I'm rather unhappy right now.
Richard #935 #595 #44