Author Topic: Well that was a wet snow ride today....  (Read 1420 times)

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
Well that was a wet snow ride today....
« on: April 03, 2012, 09:32:17 AM »
A) when you wake up and check your email and get this from a local ski area:

Powder Alert

SIPAPU RE-OPENS TODAY!
After picking up 14 inches of new snow overnight, Sipapu will fire up the lifts from 9:30-4:00 today! To celebrate of the epic conditions, Sipapu is making today a
Car Load Day, which means up to six people in one car ski for $50!

well you know it's gonna be a fun ride in...

B) When you get the "lecture" from the wife about how you own a car and maybe, just maybe you should drive it...and then sneak out on the Enertia...

well you know it's gonna be a fun evening when you get home... :)

C) No slipping or sliding...good stopping...the E did great...Me? Forgot my snow/rain pants...usually my hands or toes get cold...this time my knees and shins froze first...i got to work covered in wet snow...jeans soaked through and frozen stiff against my legs...

needed better planning, but snow in April threw me a bit after having it be 80 degrees last week...

D) Still better than riding a cage.

Gavin

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
Re: Well that was a wet snow ride today....
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2012, 09:36:09 AM »

from the other side of the mountain...they always get more snow than us...still indicative of the local weather...

Gavin

Phantom

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2012, 11:48:27 AM »
C) No slipping or sliding...good stopping...the E did great...

Nice, I would have expected a lot of sliding with how wet that snow looks. I have noticed good performance in snow as well, but I do take it really easy as I am far more comfortable driving in a cage in snow.

I hope your evening goes/went better than you expected.

protomech

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2012, 12:09:06 PM »
Low 50s when I left this morning @ 5:15 to go meet a friend to run. I just throw chaps over my running shorts.. gets a little drafty riding over the mountain.

We got almost no snow this year. I may give it a shot, but I expect snow and ice will be the main things that keep me off the bike now.
1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/

FreepZ

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Empulse Experience
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2012, 12:48:17 PM »
Yeah, the weather was awful here too. I had ride in fog! And it was cold! 65 degrees. Brrr...

Snow? What this thing that you call "snow"? The white stuff in the picture looks like what we have in our freezers down here in Florida. :P

Except for the odd fog bank, I have to say that the weather is perfect for riding . Too bad I don't have an e-bike to ride. :(
Richard #935 #595 #44

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2012, 01:47:11 PM »
C) No slipping or sliding...good stopping...the E did great...

Nice, I would have expected a lot of sliding with how wet that snow looks. I have noticed good performance in snow as well, but I do take it really easy as I am far more comfortable driving in a cage in snow.

I hope your evening goes/went better than you expected.

Yeah, I should be more accurate...Those images are from this morning on the East Mountain side...Albuquerque is on the west side of the Sandia Mountains. The east side always gets tons more snow than us....

Albuquerque was right at freezing...So tons of WET snow that basically melted when it hit the road....so snow sticked to me....to roofs and yards and such...but the ground was like a heavy rain more than a snow fall...

Still the bike did great with those conditions (super wet roads just above freezing...)

Gavin