Author Topic: Video On How Fabio Became An Electric Motorcycle Lover  (Read 998 times)

Kelly Olsen

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Brammo Riders Of Southern California
    • Email
Video On How Fabio Became An Electric Motorcycle Lover
« on: April 04, 2012, 05:17:32 AM »
Been wanting to shoot a follow up to my Brammo Stories Episode One for some time, but I've not been able to find any subjects here is SoCal.

Therefor, I shot a video about Fabio and how his appearance in a Plug In America public service commercial and behind the scenes documentary I made facilitated him becoming a spokesperson for electric vehicles and an electric motorcycle owner.

Sorry to say that the brand he rides is not a Brammo but I made certain that when I shot this and edited it I got a couple of Enertias in the video. I've included a link if anybody is interested in it. Alexandra Paul (beautiful, dedicated and intelligent) also stars in this.

http://www.youtube.com/user/KellyROlsen/featured
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 05:22:22 AM by Kelly Olsen »

Phantom

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Video On How Fabio Became An Electric Motorcycle Lover
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2012, 05:48:44 AM »
Well Done! I think it came out great. I have even more appreciation now for Alexandra Paul, from Baywatch fame.

The Enertias in the parade was a cool addition.

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Re: Video On How Fabio Became An Electric Motorcycle Lover
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2012, 06:26:15 AM »
Great video, Kelly. Loved Alexandra's quick draw action with the J1772. :D Also, I'm psyched to realize that there are only three degrees of separation between me and Hasselhoff.
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

FreepZ

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Empulse Experience
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2012, 06:39:24 AM »
I agree with everybody else. That was a very well put together video.

How easy was it to approach those two famous people for the interview? Could you just call them up, or did you have to go through their agents?

It's amazing how many bikes Fabio has. I wonder how he manages to keep them all running? At least with his Zero, he can just plug it in and leave it for a few months (although why would he want to do that?! ;))
Richard #935 #595 #44

Richard230

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2012, 10:09:59 AM »
That was well done. Thanks for posting the link. Who is that guy Fabio, anyway?  He needs a haircut.   ;)
current bikes: 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2011 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Classic, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2007 BMW R1200R, 2005 Triumph T-100 Bonneville, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

Kelly Olsen

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Brammo Riders Of Southern California
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2012, 04:06:47 PM »
Thanks for the kind comments.

Good eye Harry on the J-1772. Her husband had their Volt and the only car in the garage was her old Rav-4 EV which has the old paddle connector and I knew if I had her pretend to hook up the J-Plug to the Rav people would cry "Fraud." But I wanted her to do something with the J-Plug so I came up with the quick draw action and she was game.

As far as the Hasselhoff connection, you are only two degrees away (or is it only one?)! I worked with him on The Young and the Restless in 1978 long before he was Michael Knight or Mitch Buchannon or the "German Elvis." He and Wings Hauser shared Cher's old dressing room from the Sonny and Cher Comedy Hour since that was the stage at CBS that they shot Y&R.

FreepZ: In answer to your question, it was pretty easy to get both of them. I know Alexandra really well from our mutual volunteer work for Plug In America.

She is a sweetheart and when I told her what I had in mind she was all for it so we picked a day and I went to her house and gave her my script and we shot it. I do have to say it is really great working with a professional actor. She is VERY good at what she does. But also, she REALLY believes in the cause.

I knew Fabio from the interview I did with him on the day he shot the Plug In America spot. I coached him a bit on EVs and Plug In America so he could have a few facts for the interview and he seemed to appreciate it. We hung out a bit that day and he really was very approachable and open.

Later when I saw him at the Plug In Day parade on his Zero he told me that he basically was given it because of his appearance in the PIA spot and my interview which was seen by the Zero people. That sparked the idea for me to shoot the story.

Contacted his manager and told him what I wanted to do and he asked Fabio and he was all for it. Went to his house and shot it.

He also is a kind, humble, and sweet guy and was a complete pleasure to work with. Did everything I asked with no reservations and really put an effort into doing it right. A very enjoyable project.

As far as him "needing a haircut": I'll let you tell him that because he is one strong guy. He is twice as fit as he looks. He always hugs me now when I see him and afterwards my chest is black and blue because his pecks are like rocks.

He has asked me to ride with him if I ever get a Brammo which I think would be a complete kick.

My next EV project is going to be shot in two weeks and I'm as giddy as a school girl about it. It's about Volt owners and them being "mad as hell" about all the Volt trash talk by Fox "News" and Rush Limbaugh. My first subject is a person that I've been a big fan of for 40 years so I'm really looking forward to it.

Again, thanks for your feedback. It gives me motivation to keep doing it.

Deadly Silent Ninja

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2012, 06:59:41 PM »
Great video and very good product placement with that Enertia right before the parade.
 ;D