Brammo Enertia Discussion > Brammo Enertia Mods

Saddlebags/handle center stand

(1/3) > >>

Brammofan:
I just saw these vids:

Are any of these features -- saddle bags, seat frame handle thingy, center kickstand -- going to become standard or optional features on the Enertia?

ALephart:
GREAT NEWS!

That’s one way of eliminating the need for spools in the swingarm for a track style swingarm stand. You always worry about clearance issues when cornering with center stands. From what I see however is looks like there is plenty of room. My first bike was a 89 Ninja 250 and it had both sidestands and a center stand. It was so much easier to work on with that center stand!

Just make sure you don't do the newbie thing of adjusting your chains slack on the center stand when the bike's rear wheel is no weight on the rear wheel!

All the best,
Aaron Lephart

enertia-ette:
I'm good with the kickstand. Ive got a stand for the garage...
With the center stand it reminds me of a scooter...  :(

BrammoBrian:
Oops... I guess that's what happens when you leave videos listed as "public".  These were demonstration videos for the Hong Kong Police,who would require such a center stand for any fleet bikes.  This is also intended to become a "kit" for customers which will include the Givi hard/lockable saddlebags you see in the video.  The mounting of the center stand just requires drilling a couple of holes in the very bottom of the frame.  I think this will be a nice option for those looking for a center stand or more storage volume on the bike.

Brammofan:
Givi Bags on Google Product search and the Givi USA site.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version