Author Topic: My motor needs replacement  (Read 1384 times)

werm_works

• Empulse Guru
    • AOL Instant Messenger - jeffyyaki
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - vespa_1004
    • View Profile
    • Email
My motor needs replacement
« on: April 19, 2012, 09:32:07 PM »
I knew there was a problem with my enertia from the very day I got it, I was always having intermittent heating problems and just 3 days ago things started become worse, I thought it was the cain having tight spot which BTW is a Regina Chain which is so far the best chain I have used on it from OEM to RK to Regina and now I'm trying DID O-Ring Type (Really Quiet) anyways back to the issue, I replaced the chain added more slack than needed then the following morning at about 54 degrees outside I turned on the bike and the fan all of a sudden was working and my motor temp was about 150, on my way to work just less than a block I had thermal cutback pop out then the temp went above 300 and drastically slowed down the bike where it almost locked but instead made a cracking like sound which I was familiar of since it did it one time while I was on the freeway.

I called Dave Harvey and made me send him logs and finally he had confirmed that my temp sensor is bad and that he would replace the entire motor that houses the temp sensor.

I'm excited to have that fixed so I could stop worrying about my thermal cut off I've been having and even posted a subject about here in the forum a while back.

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: My motor needs replacement
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2012, 09:51:40 PM »
Sounds like they're taking good care of you.  Keep us updated, please.  :)
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

werm_works

• Empulse Guru
    • AOL Instant Messenger - jeffyyaki
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - vespa_1004
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: My motor needs replacement
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2012, 04:56:03 PM »
Dave replaced my motor 2 days ago and he even changed my sprocket and counter sprocket, my bike runs great now without the worries of thermal cutoff :D