Author Topic: Empulse On the Road Date  (Read 1862 times)

machone

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
Empulse On the Road Date
« on: April 23, 2012, 01:32:32 PM »
Hi folks, this is definately old ground but I thought I'd start a new thread for the new information we have.

I recently wrote to Brammo to ask when I might have to part with my hard earned cash but more importantly get my hands on an Empulse! I didn't expect much solid information but I did get a friendly email to say that the EU certification and production will follow the US and that the deposit originally required 90 days before delivery, will no longer be required.

So, we know the unveiling is on May 8th and that press reviews will happen in June and July. The question is, when will the first units be delivered? What was the time between unveiling/reviews and first deliveries of the Enertia? Brammo obviously now know what they are doing with respect to certification etc so can we expect a shorter lead time with the Empulse?
Not long now

protomech

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
Re: Empulse On the Road Date
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2012, 03:39:37 PM »
I would assume that means that we will see first deliveries earlier than three months after May 8.
1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/

1lesscar

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2012, 01:21:05 AM »
big question is who will get to own the first one. Will pre order #1 please post  ;D

protomech

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2012, 07:13:42 AM »
Preorder #1 is surely a Brammo employee. I know BrammoBrian is itching to upgrade his Enertia..

FreepZ

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Empulse Experience
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2012, 08:27:42 AM »
If not #1, then who has the lowest number?

I'll start the bidding at #935. Do I hear lower?
Richard #935 #595 #44

protomech

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2012, 08:44:21 AM »
#657, took a while to decide I was ready to go @ $10k : p

Phantom

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2012, 09:05:08 AM »
#228, but I am fairly certain that EmpulseBuyer has me beat.

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2012, 09:25:00 AM »
did we figure out how to read the number?

I know I'm number 19 for the Plus...probably one of the first non-Brammo employees...

Reading my Empulse order I'm either number 21 or 9...

But: I did order right away on both...and I will only be buying one...

Most likely the Plus (suits me best and cheaper...but maybe the remake of the Empulse will WOW me too much to resist)

Gavin

Phantom

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2012, 09:45:07 AM »
Yes, but I think the number system changed shortly after the first month of pre-orders. In my case, it was the number that was not the date of the order. At the time, I had to decide which model I could afford and settled on what was then the 8.0 model.

EmpulseRider

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2012, 10:23:18 AM »
I am supposed to be number 15... but as I have said before I WAS somewhere around number 3 before the system went down. Here is my email to Brammo on the 15th:

"Excuse me but, what happened to the pre-order that I placed this
morning for an Empulse (Order number 20100715003). I cant even log in
with the email address that I used to register with. Dang, I thought I
was gonna be one of the first in line to get one of these, now it
looks like my order (and account) was deleted. Please say it isn't so!"

Brammo's Response:

"Dear Jeremy,

Your order is safe.  We are having trouble with our website right now but hope to have it back online shortly."

A few email later:

"Jeremy,

I am really sorry you had to re-create your account, I am not sure what happened there. Your order number is now #20100720007. The number you previously were given was already assigned to somebody else.

Thanks for your patience.

Jamie Stewart

Marketing Assistant."

Somehow I was confirmed as pre-order number 15... dont remember how that number is calculated from my order number. Either way, Im happy to be 15th in line.

« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 10:25:23 AM by EmpulseBuyer »

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2012, 11:45:21 AM »
here was my email from that day...

Gavin,

Sorry about the web problems while you were placing an order.

We have it properly recorded now, thank you.

Craig

It was great to get an email from The Boss himself... :)

Gavin

2Slow4u

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2012, 06:00:15 PM »
I'm #1064 from almost exactly 1 year ago. So it looks like I will have to wait a bit longer than some of you. That should give me a little more time to find the money and let all those pesky first build/quality bugs work them self out.

mykb13

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2012, 10:21:25 PM »
Somehow I was confirmed as pre-order number 15... dont remember how that number is calculated from my order number. Either way, Im happy to be 15th in line.

Don't think you can tell any place in line from your order number.  It may be that you were the 3rd and then 7th of that day.  My order number is 20100729004 and Brammo has confirmed me to be 80th in line for pre-orders, so I guess I was the 4 person on July 29th, 2010.  Interestingly, my pre-order confirmation email states "Your Order #20100729004 (placed on July 28, 2010)".  Notice the 1 day discrepancy between the coded order number (29th) and date placed (28th)?  Must be a time zone/business hours issue because it was only 10 PM EST (7 PM PST) on 28th.  Maybe after 5 PM PST they start counting orders for the next day (29th).

skuzzle

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2012, 02:15:47 AM »
I don't think the order number has any information related to a preorder number.  I did find a number that was interesting.  I went to the main Brammo site, clicked on BUY then down to STUFF, then clicked on sign in.  Once signed in I clicked on "View Orders"  In there I can see number 508.  Not sure if this number means anything.  I ordered on 7/30/2010.  I wouldn't think there would be 500 preorders in two weeks, but I have no way of knowing.
I sent an email to Brammo a few weeks ago to see what my number was.  The response said that I would be getting the bike this summer.  They didn't say what my number was.

flar

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2012, 03:26:12 AM »
Could the order numbers be global across all of their product line?  How many Enertia bikes have they sold?  I recently made a reservation and got an order number 1716 - are their really 1700 people waiting for the Empulse?  Could they have sold less than 1700 Enertias to date?  I have no idea what ballpark either of those numbers are in...
Current bikes: 2013 Brammo Empulse R, 2005 BMW R1200RT
Prior bikes: 1988 Honda Hawk GT, 1997 BMW F650