Author Topic: TTXGP update...and some guess work...  (Read 1319 times)

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
TTXGP update...and some guess work...
« on: April 30, 2012, 08:31:33 PM »
Ok, new release is here:

http://www.egrandprix.com/news.php?id=275

I thought this was very interesting...

As well as the TTXGP class outright winner; there will be  a prize for the fastest bike with a limited store of energy (7.5KwH) and brand new for 2012 a production specification category called "TTXGP eSuperstock."  As more manufacturers  such as Brammo with Empulse and CRP's Energica, release electric street models that can be adapted to racing; this category is set to grow. In order to qualify for this category, a minimum of 25 units/motorcycles will have to be available for sale to the general public, at the time of the race. It will provide a real showcase of racing talent with a production spec drivetrains. Infineon Raceway's season opener will kick off with a number of Zero S models adapted for racing by their team owners, promising close and exciting racing action as well a cost effective entry option to the race series, joining the the grid without the expense of building a  prototype machine.

Soooooo....we know a few things....

1. Brammo has two expert riders testing the Empulse and the Empulse R.
2. Brammo only has one rider at Infineon, Steve O.
3. eSuperstock is set to have 4 riders all on Zero S bikes.
4. Shelina, as a pro rider and a tester of the Empulse R, would be perfect to be Brammo's 2nd rider. Steve O riding the TTXGP Class bike, Shelina riding the "production" R model.
5. Brammo has to have 25 public sales before the Empulse R can race.

Soooooo, long story short (south park reference)....

I think Brammo wants to get two bikes on the circuit...and wants that second bike to be the R racing in the eSuperstock against the Zero bikes....but no way they can do that this weekend at Infineon...nor, probably, next month in Portland....

BUT I bet they can get it done by Seca in July.

Think about it....reveal the bike on May 8th. The bikes are being made in Oregon, so no delay in shipping. Get the crew building bikes right away and you can have 25 bikes in pre order hands in a month and a half, meeting the qualifications and BOOM, 2 bikes racing.

So Shelina will be riding an Empulse R in the eSuperstock, hopefully by Seca.

And that is the race I happen to be going to....Sweet...if I'm right...heck, even sweet if I'm wrong as Seca will be a great time....

G

No insider info, just guessing from posts and clues and Craig mentioning Shelina and her being in a lot of Brammo Facebook posts lately.

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: TTXGP update...and some guess work...
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2012, 09:19:28 PM »
Pretty sneaky (or clever) of Zero to do this.  Although they show up as separate teams, they get points for finishing each round, even if they don't podium.  Expect them to spin this into something like, "Zero S - the bike that won more points than any other production bike in the TTXGP series." 
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

EmpulseRider

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2012, 09:45:20 PM »
I like the idea of having 25 Empulse bikes to preorder-ers within 1.5 months... would love to make at least one race... was going to Vegas next month but some of my friends couldnt hack it... weak sauce. Anyway got some extra vacation to burn through now.

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2012, 09:47:44 PM »
I like the idea of having 25 Empulse bikes to preorder-ers within 1.5 months... would love to make at least one race... was going to Vegas next month but some of my friends couldnt hack it... weak sauce. Anyway got some extra vacation to burn through now.

I'm planning to hit Daytona - would be cool to see you there.

karlInSanDiego

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2012, 11:39:54 PM »
Gavin ,
A word of advice.  I missed the whole E-race last year at Moto GP at Laguna Seca, because they juggled the schedule.  I was with some friends waiting to snap pics of the GP riders, when we literally got blocked into a crowd.  I could hear neither the PA calling the race, nor the the bikes because they were so quiet.  1/2 hour later, I emerged only to find I missed the whole thing.  At least We know the e races will only get better as the companies learn from each other and the performance gap closes.  Hpe you have a good time!

EmpulseRider

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2012, 12:12:01 AM »

I'm planning to hit Daytona - would be cool to see you there.

Likewise, as much as I would love to be able to make Daytona for the Final... its so far away though. I will either make that or Miller (Utah) for sure, which is much closer for me. Decisions...

Lastb0isct

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2012, 11:30:09 AM »
I checked Laguna Seca's website for July 28-29 and it says that it's MotoGP.  Do you know if it's actually going to be TTXGP?  I really want to see TTXGP and we're planning a trip up there for that weekend!

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2012, 03:58:55 PM »
TTXGP will definitely be there, as it is a combined event with the FIM E-power series.  MotoGP is the Main Event... the electrics are a supporting event.

Lastb0isct

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2012, 05:15:55 PM »
TTXGP will definitely be there, as it is a combined event with the FIM E-power series.  MotoGP is the Main Event... the electrics are a supporting event.

YES!!  Thanks Brammofan.  See you there?! haha

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2012, 05:21:32 PM »
YES!!  Thanks Brammofan.  See you there?! haha
Not this year.  I've been there 2 years in a row and it is an amazing event.  Gavin's going, though... maybe you'll see him there.