Author Topic: Laguna Seca--2012  (Read 1700 times)

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
Laguna Seca--2012
« on: April 25, 2012, 05:17:50 PM »
Ok....took off work...rented rooms...so it looks like I will be at Laguna Seca!

Hope to see some of you there? Maybe?

I decided to rent a pick-up and drive out. My thought behind driving vs flying is I can either:

Ride out with the Loaner and ride back with the Plus. (seems a win-win, though the nice people at Brammo might not agree :) )

or if I already have the Plus, I can take it there and back.

I would love something other than a car to ride in Monterey. Easier to get to and from the track. Easier to get around (plan to visit the Aquarium and do a little sea kayaking). And just plain fun. I also hope to convince Pebble Beach to let electric motorcycles ride on 17 Mile Drive....currently motorcycles are prohibited.

My only slight reservation are the hotel stays...will the bike be safe on the truck or should I bring it into the motel room at night.

My only real concern is I plan to hit Vegas for a night on the way back...and Vegas can be shady...but so can getting a M/C off a truck by oneself. :)

Eh, should be OK.

Leaving Albuquerque Tuesday afternoon...cage driving about 6 hours...sleep...drive 10 hours the next day and then I can have Thursday to hit the Aquarium and 17 Mile Drive and then do some sea Kayaking at sunset...Thursday is an all day Enertia day...Need to see about charging at the Aquarium...sure it will be fine. If I have the Plus it will be easier to do...the Classic will be fine if I get some charging at the Aquarium and, if I am allowed on 17 Mile Drive, maybe some charging at dinner before heading back to my motel (in Salinas...Monterey is too rich for me...if I was taking the wife, ok we would stay in Monterey....but since it is me by myself, slumming it a bit seems best.)

Then back to the Motel to rest up for the Race....Friday, Saturday and Sunday at the Track. Maybe hang with Brammo some till they kick me out (probably about 15 minutes is the max they will be able to stand me). Then on Monday it is a 9 hour drive to Vegas. Stay out way too late...then 9 hours drive to Albuquerque.

Hmmm, looking at that I might need to take a vacation from my vacation (nothing like traveling across the desert in July/August....THANK GOD for Air Conditioning....I did similar rides in the 60-70's and gawd that was painful....Needles, California in summer with no car A/C = Gavin wishing for death as a child.)

Gavin

« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 05:19:38 PM by Gavin »

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
Re: Laguna Seca--2012
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2012, 05:45:10 PM »

Hmmmm, maybe I should do this vs the pick up truck?

Brammo could use them to make deliveries (until the dealerships are up and running)

http://www.uship.com/profile/greentechnology/

Gavin

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Re: Laguna Seca--2012
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2012, 06:55:11 PM »
I actually prefer the trailer idea, mainly because they are so much easier to load and unload. If you get a truck, you'll also have to get a ramp, and it really is a two-man job.
As for the rest of the plan, sounds good to me. You're a bit anal, or perhaps just big on making plans, but flexibility is always good, too.

Monterey is expensive, on that we can agree.
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

craigq

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Laguna Seca--2012
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2012, 07:02:26 PM »
My only slight reservation are the hotel stays...will the bike be safe on the truck or should I bring it into the motel room at night.

Have fun at Laguna! If it were me I would take the bike inside.   ;)