Author Topic: Brammo Spied?  (Read 5260 times)

FreepZ

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Empulse Experience
    • Email
Brammo Spied?
« on: April 29, 2012, 11:26:10 PM »
Brenda Priddy just tweeted this:
Spy Teaser: We caught an all-new PRODUCTION never-before-seen electric #motorcycle. Link as soon as we have one ...
http://twitter.com/#!/BrendaPriddy/status/196799966151319555

I'm not sure where the image will show up, or if it's even the Empulse, but it might be. Especially if Brammo was making a video with the Empulse this weekend.

Update: Apparently it is the Empulse.

SPIED: Production #Brammo Empulse R Electric Motorcycle Spied! First photos ever of the production model!
http://twitter.com/#!/BrendaPriddy/status/196813335864418305

I wonder when those pictures will turn up, and how Brammo is going to handle that for the next week or so.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 11:33:44 PM by FreepZ »
Richard #935 #595 #44

EmpulseRider

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Brammo Spied?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2012, 07:52:30 AM »
Same lady who spied the Fisker Atlantic recently... will be made available to the highest bidder im sure. Still not sure Im buying this supposedly covert operation of hers:

http://www.brendapriddyandcompany.com/

And this:

Pics or it dint happen :) “@BrendaPriddy: SPIED: Production #Brammo Empulse R Electric Motorcycle! 1st photos ever of the production model!”

@EcoChambers Nick, just waiting for a buyer so I can post the link ...

« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 08:00:08 AM by EmpulseBuyer »

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2012, 08:04:04 AM »
On her photo page, she has a photo of an SUV with a camera rig very similar to the one shown on the Brammo page.
From her page: 

From Brammo's Facebook page:
[smg id=326]

Maybe it's just a common way of blocking out a vehicle's reflection when filming, but it also seems kinda fishy to me.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 01:19:03 PM by Brammofan »
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

EmpulseRider

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2012, 08:06:44 AM »
Good catch BrammoFan!

Looks like the spy got spied.

Stand by for "spy" pics...

URL broken now... the plot thickens.  :-\
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 08:12:46 AM by EmpulseBuyer »

protomech

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2012, 08:29:33 AM »
Ms. Priddy does some good work, but I sometimes get the feeling she operates on inside information ; )

Early pictures are good pictures!
1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/

EmpulseRider

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2012, 09:03:25 AM »
Likely a major motorcycle related publication will pick up the photos for a healthy sum... imagine the publicity... HFL, A&R... would be very cool if they got their hands on these first.

BTW, anyone know the legal etiquette for linking these pics, when they become available, to my blog?

... props to Freepz for hooking us up with the 411! Exciting stuff right here.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 09:12:18 AM by EmpulseBuyer »

Richard230

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2012, 09:51:27 AM »
BMW is famous for trying to keep their new motorcycle models under wraps until they are ready to release the information. Their weak link is the Italians.  BMW sends photos to the Italians so that they can print up the new model brochures and someone in the Italian print shop immediately posts the photos on the internet, beating BMW's official introduction by a couple of months.

You would think that by now the Germans would have figured out that the Italians just don't take them seriously.   ;D

As near as I can tell, Zero avoided that problem by just not producing a paper brochure of their 2012 model line.  When I visited my dealer and asked for a brochure, I was given a flash drive copy of the 110-page owner's manual instead. I guess that cuts down on printing costs, but it really wasn't as much fun as seeing a glossy brochure. Plus, I collect motorcycle brochures and I really wanted a paper one to add to my collection.   ;)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 09:55:27 AM by Richard230 »
current bikes: 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2011 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Classic, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2007 BMW R1200R, 2005 Triumph T-100 Bonneville, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2012, 10:06:17 AM »

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2012, 10:18:46 AM »
On her photo page, she has a photo of an SUV with a camera rig very similar to the one shown on the Brammo page.
From her page: 

From Brammo's Facebook page:
[smg id=326]

Maybe it's just a common way of blocking out a vehicle's reflection when filming, but it also seems kinda fishy to me.

that top small photo is from filming Iron Man 2...Robert Downey Jr driving the Audi with the world fair model in the car.

g
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 01:19:45 PM by Brammofan »

FreepZ

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Empulse Experience
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2012, 02:34:40 PM »
... props to Freepz for hooking us up with the 411! Exciting stuff right here.

Ironically, I found that tweet on Brammo's twitter page. I assume that the page will simply look for Brammo related terms and post them on that page, so when Ms. Priddy tweeted with "Brammo" in the message, it showed up on there!

I suspect that getting spied isn't the worst thing that can happen. Brammo was already giving us glimpses of the bike, and these pictures may be a few more glimpses. Of course with a big enough zoom lens, the pictures could be quite a lot more than a glimpse. But it's only about one week until the reveal, so those pictures might just serve to fuel the buzz, rather than spoil anything.

Either way, I doubt that seeing pictures sooner than the 8th will have any negative effect on my desire to own an Empulse. :D
Richard #935 #595 #44

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2012, 02:40:04 PM »
As empulsebuyer noted, we won't see these photos unless a publication buys them - she doesn't publish them herself.  I seriously doubt that HFL or A&R would pay money for photos of the bike - They either do their own photography or co-opt them (with a message, usually, indicating the source).  It's certainly possible that we won't see them at all.

Or maybe they're already out there in a publication we're not familiar with.

And yes, I don't think these spy shots will, ultimately do any damage.  More than likely, it will just get more folks excited about it.

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2012, 02:52:28 PM »
BTW, anyone know the legal etiquette for linking these pics, when they become available, to my blog?
Well, here's what I used to do:
Download the photo. Save it to my wordpress media library.  Insert it into my blog post with a caption that said something like, Image courtesy of motorcycle.com.  Sometimes, I'd even link to the original post.

Here's what I do now, for the most part (on the rare occasion when I blog - this forum seems to be my go-to media for sharing):
Download the photo.  Save it to my wordpress media library (or my "sharing" folder in Google drive).  Insert the photo in a post. 

If I forget to give credit to the source, c'est la vie.  If they send me a cease and desist letter, I'll ... I don't know because I've NEVER received one.

Once, I got an email from a Brammo babe who wanted her name withdrawn from my Brammo Babe of the year contest.  I withdrew her name.  I think I might have even photoshopped something stupid over her face in a group picture, but I'm immature that way. 

Mainly - don't worry about it too much and remember: it's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

EmpulseRider

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2012, 03:04:40 PM »
Well, here's what I used to do:
Download the photo. Save it to my wordpress media library.  Insert it into my blog post with a caption that said something like, Image courtesy of motorcycle.com.  Sometimes, I'd even link to the original post.

Here's what I do now, for the most part (on the rare occasion when I blog - this forum seems to be my go-to media for sharing):
Download the photo.  Save it to my wordpress media library (or my "sharing" folder in Google drive).  Insert the photo in a post. 

If I forget to give credit to the source, c'est la vie.  If they send me a cease and desist letter, I'll ... I don't know because I've NEVER received one.

Once, I got an email from a Brammo babe who wanted her name withdrawn from my Brammo Babe of the year contest.  I withdrew her name.  I think I might have even photoshopped something stupid over her face in a group picture, but I'm immature that way. 

Mainly - don't worry about it too much and remember: it's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

Sounds reasonable, thanks!

"it's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission."

Now those are words to live by!

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2012, 11:23:47 AM »
Dont look at the next post if you want to be surprised next week

gavin

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2012, 11:24:24 AM »
i am linking to image vs posting image...that way people can "choose" to look or not...

blog post: (does not click through...select the whole link and copy paste)

http://www.automedia.com/Blog/post/Breaking-News-Production-Brammo-Empulse-R-Electric-Motorcycle-Spied!.aspx

http://www.automedia.com/Blog/ImageGallery/61fdc241-ce08-4e93-b574-24ddff1afc91/Large/00%20Brammo_es_may2012_PRIDDY2.jpeg

and

http://www.automedia.com/Blog/ImageGallery/61fdc241-ce08-4e93-b574-24ddff1afc91/Large/01%20Brammo_es_may2012_PRIDDY5.jpeg

I wish there was a way to add a spoiler tag to cover this....

Gavin
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 11:50:39 AM by Gavin »