Author Topic: Best Brammo PR idea....  (Read 1144 times)

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
Best Brammo PR idea....
« on: May 01, 2012, 09:34:29 AM »
Ok...lets have a little contest....

Since Brammo isn't very busy right now (kidding...they are hella busy), I thought we should come up with some Public Relations ideas...with the Plus coming, the Empulse R and Empulse coming...and the racing season starting this weekend, well what do we think could get the press to sit up and take notice.

Maybe we can convince thespecialone to take a look and pick the one he likes best...the prize? maybe a Brammo hat or 8x10 glossy of the Empulse...I have one of each at home.

***disclaimer: contest is not endorsed by Brammo...contest is not even really a contest.

Me?

I have two ideas.

1) July...Seca. Brammo is staying in Monterey. One of the most famous things to do in Monterey, after the Aquarium, is to drive 17 Mile Drive. Beautiful, nice ride. BUT Motorcycles are NOT ALLOWED. Well I plan to write to Pebble Beach (who controls the entrance to 17 Mile Drive) and see if I can convince them to let electric motorcycles ride 17 Mile Drive. It seems a perfect fit. Clean, quiet, no pollution...and the best way to enjoy the sights and scenery...open air riding.
     It will be a challenge, but I have my arguments all lined up...with a money making idea for Pebble Beach to sweeten the deal.

Upside...good press, fun ride, great photo shoot possibility.

Downside....Pebble Beach could, and probably will, say no.

2) Eclipse Black Enertia Plus....Photo shoot...Near Albuquerque on May 20th.

Why May 20th?

http://stripedpot.com/2012/04/12/may-solar-eclipse-head-to-new-mexico-for-a-prime-viewing-experience/

About the Eclipse
On May 20th, the first annular eclipse in 18 years will be visible from the United States. And, Albuquerque is said to be the best urban location to view this “ultimate astronomical event.” The type of eclipse is an annular eclipse, which occurs when the moon covers most of the sun’s disk leaving a thin ring of light around the edge appearing as a “ring of fire.”

Come on...the First Annular Eclipse in 18 years...best seen in Albuquerque...and Brammo just happened to name the black color as ECLIPSE BLACK...It's like the Gods want the Plus to be here at that time.

Have Sirlin Enterprises make a nice side panel decal like this:

and take a few photos and have a nice little connection to sell to the press...plus everybody loves freaking solar eclipses.

and if that Eclipse Black Plus just happens to be left behind in Albuquerque? Well I'm sure I can find it a nice home :)

Upside...Great photo op...lovely scenery...makes Gavin happy...

Downside...less than 3 weeks away...and during a very VERY busy time for Brammo...could be cloudy and then it is ruined (isn't cloudy here often, but there are risks involved when you count on mother nature cooperating.)

Gavin

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Best Brammo PR idea....
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2012, 09:46:15 AM »
I love both of these ideas.  I'd kind of like to know your secret sweetener on the Pebble Beach idea, but I understand if you want to keep it on the down low.

As for the Eclipse idea - that's a great one, too.  Any idea of where would be a good vantage point for the shoot? Gotta figure out where the sun will be at 7:33pm that day.

I'll have to give some thought to my ideas.
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2012, 10:04:56 AM »
the sun is near setting...I would do the photo shoot out by the Volcanoes....

as for the sweetener...basically just telling them that I understand why they don't want noisy, smelly motorcycles on 17 Mile Drive...but that a lot of motorcyclist really want to do that drive...and that motorcycles are likely the best way to see the sights...Soooooo, Pebble Beach could rent electric motorcycles...have the ICE motorcycles park off-site and rent an Official Pebble Beach Electric Motorcycle...2 hours for XX dollars....or something similar.

Gavin

FreepZ

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Empulse Experience
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2012, 10:22:25 AM »
Here's something that's cheap and easy for Brammo:

Ask the people of have purchased the bikes if they are willing to be "Brammo advocates". If they are, then send some business cards / brochures along with the bike that the advocates can hand out to curious people. Also, provide a "Answers to FAQs" booklet (or a link to a website that has the info).

The idea is that when I'm riding around on the Empulse, I expect to get a lot of questions from a lot of people. I'm going to be talking to everybody, but it would be nice if I could give them something like a card with a website on it that they can use to get more info. I'm not sure if the FAQ would be needed as I think that this website has already fielded most of those questions.
Richard #935 #595 #44

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2012, 10:36:17 AM »
Here's something that's cheap and easy for Brammo:

Ask the people of have purchased the bikes if they are willing to be "Brammo advocates". If they are, then send some business cards / brochures along with the bike that the advocates can hand out to curious people. Also, provide a "Answers to FAQs" booklet (or a link to a website that has the info).
They basically already do this.  I always ride around with a few Brammo "Hero" cards in my jacket pocket.  I've passed several out at shows and stop signs.
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2012, 12:48:09 PM »
Albuquerque has several dormint volcanoes...not majestic, but nice...

http://www.summitpost.org/petroglyphs-national-monument/463614

and Cabezon would be killer...get a helicopter to place the bikes up on the bluff....

you can hike to the top...but it is a bit dangerous...no way to "push" a bike up...

or Sky City would be wonderful...but unlikely to get the Pueblo's permission...maybe though...

http://www.acomaskycity.org/

and of course White Sands is breathtaking....

http://www.nps.gov/whsa/index.htm

Gavin

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog