Author Topic: Top cases revisited  (Read 1644 times)

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Top cases revisited
« on: May 02, 2012, 12:55:04 PM »
If you've been following my search for a usable top case (the bag or case that is mounted directly behind the rider), you're aware of my frustration behind the Brammo Enertia taillight design.  Why have that useless tray aft of the taillight?  I've searched for top cases that came with integrated taillights because anything mounted aft of the rider is going to obscure/block the taillight assembly. 

And then I saw this:
[smg id=327 width=300]
Why not?  This mounts the case (in this photo, it's a wheeled trolley case, soft side), above the taillight. In order to figure out which mounting bracket to use, you need to pick out your bike.  Of course, Brammo is nowhere to be seen, so, to just get an idea of the mounting hardware, I chose a Suzuki SV650.  (Not necessarily random - I think that Brammo has indicated in the past that the taillight housing is from the SV650 - the older model) . Of course, the taillight is less relevant for the mounting hardware than the places on the bike it anchors to, but again, I just wanted to see the specs.  See the attached pdf for the SV650 mounting bracket.
[smg id=328 type=av]
(if that link doesn't work, try: https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B-IrtdbCEDg9bWdTLThuOThKa2s

Granted, it's not going to be this particular bracket.

But... stick with me here. Givi makes the side cases for the Enertia, so it is likely that Brammo has shared the relevant blueprints of the bike with them.  I currently have the Givi side frames and side cases on my bike.  All that needs to be asked is whether, based on those plans, an existing frame (from the list of the usual suspects) can work on the Enertia.
If only I spoke Italian, I could ask them which frame to use.
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki